Taper from 1 mg klonopin after short term use

[JM...]

Greetings:

I was taking klonopin as needed in January for panic and insomnia. Started 1 mg daily in mid-February -- kind of hit a mini crisis. Feeling more level now.

I've used K twice in the past, including a lengthy stint more than a decade ago for panic disorder. Had no issues slowly withdrawing then and not even on a set plan -- just less and less over time. However, I also knew nothing about all the potential issues back then and so had no worries. Now I've read up and I'm scared shitless.

In any event, I don't want to be on long term. That said it's been a little while so I don't want to go too fast and have insomnia come roaring back or get side effects. I thought about dropping .125 every 3-4 weeks but that means my taper would be much longer than my current use. I just want to be sensible and avoid withdrawal. Thanks for any feedback.

[62...]
No reason to be afraid.  You've done this before.  Listen to your body and make cuts based on symptom severity.  You may (for example) be able to make cuts every 2 weeks instead of every 3-4 weeks.

There is definitely a psychosomatic factor here. Back when I used the drug before I just thought "this is something that helps me and I'll be fine and stop when I need to." The risks weren't as out in the public. Now I'm just more educated about the risks and, frankly, a little discouraged I started taking them again but the pandemic just finally caught up to my mental health.

Do I need to worry about kindling since I have used before? As I mentioned I never experienced withdrawal symptoms the last two times I used - I came off slowly and steadily. But I did use for an extended period before. I'm so scared and worried that I've hurt myself.

[62...]
I wouldn't 'worry' about kindling, since 'worry' will just make you feel worse.  Instead, I would put my attention on doing a nice slow symptom-driven taper.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! Please count me in! Im also a short term user. Started Clonazepam 1mg last January for my Insomnia along with Anti depressant. Tried to stop but I didnt know that was Cold Turkey. I had  Rebound anxiety and insomnia so I decided to take it again. Now that I learn abot this group I want to ask for some help how to safely wean from it. Please anyone help? Thank you!!