Tips for sleeping

[Fl...]

Thank you for this PAM.  This is helping me in an acute stage right now.  How long does the acute phase last?  Been close to a month now with no end??

Thank you for this PAM.  This is helping me in an acute stage right now.  How long does the acute phase last?  Been close to a month now with no end??

Are you benzo free now?

Pam,

I got down to .6.  (1/2 tablet) and my cns went wild, BP SPiked and would not come down for three weeks solid.  Admitted twice to Hospital and 3 more trips to ER.  They tried everything, soon as would get home, BP SPIKES consistently, and no sleep, akathisia symptoms.  So I updosed from 0.600 to 1 mg.  Still BP would not settle down.  After two weeks of sheer torment and suffering, no sleep, beta blockers which were not helping....finally, out of desperation went back up to 2 mg to my dismay.  Now I'm bunted back to 2 mg after all I went through to get off.  Still, even after that, BP was still spiking but I refused to updose any more, even if I were to have a stoke.  I just could not bare the thought of going any higher.  Only recently has the bp began to stabilize slowly.  IF it had been any other symptoms, I would have held on, but BP over 200/150 was too much, too much of a risk to my life.  I had no choice.  At this point in time, I cannot even begin to taper again yet, body is still CNS on fire, not stabilized yet and I'm wondering how long it is going to take to stabilize.  Still have trouble sleeping whereas before this hit, my sleep was not bad, not like it is now.  It has been sheer hell on earth for me.  Down to below 100 lbs.

The stress has been extreme not to mention the series of hospital tests....plus COVID tests UGH....TWICE.  I don't have COVID! 

Any suggestions would help me greatly right now.  So scared and disheartened.

Oh my, I was just reading your signature, you've been at this a long time, I'm sure you're exhausted and disheartened, not to mention scared!  What did the Dr's attribute the spike to?

They said it was ANXIETY only because tests showed my heart is healthy.  They know NOTHING about Benzos where I live, in fact, they offer them at the ER repeatedly.

• 2 weeks later...

Your withdrawal is exactly like mine including the ER/Dr issues . I struggled 5 YEARS in taper and when I had to be taken to the ER In Acute this one nurse got up in my face and yelled GO HOME AND TAKE YOUR BENZOS .. like I were deaf or something . Several thought I was on Meth or possibly cocaine and said so loudly an disgustedly . 

I had several medical persons raise heir voices to me in acute and now I am beyond afraid of them and zero trust . Accused of attempting to obtain dope as the reason I was there etc .. I have a word for them ...

Anyway , mine lasted from Dec 20, 2018  to March 2019 like that . I Am 5'7" and was at 99 bs.  I am fair now a 118 but my body is different

I have said many times that anyone who Rxes this should be jailed .  I'm sorry you are going through this. It does START to calm down after about 8 weeks

[8e...]
I have said many times that anyone who Rxes this should be jailed

The pharmaceutical companies that knew about these sides, but brushed them aside, should have something done to them worse than jail time.

Doctors though, are generally just idiots with labcoats from my experience. Once in a while you get blown away by one who is phenomenally smart. It seems once the indoctrination is in though, they are set like that for life, and will react hostile to anything that goes outside their bubble, and for this they should be slapped.

A reminder.

• [*]Whilst some of our members report negative experiences with doctors, psychiatrists, or the wider medical profession, and although we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down or mistreated in their personal medical care, you are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry and/or anti-health care professional propaganda.  Nor should you name those involved in your healthcare.  For more about this policy, please read our
Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments notice.

They said it was ANXIETY only because tests showed my heart is healthy.  They know NOTHING about Benzos where I live, in fact, they offer them at the ER repeatedly.

If you're not against supplements I advise you hawthorn. It doesn't interfere with CNS and promotes BP self regulation. Don't expect a miracle, but if BP is your main concern you can give it a try.