Carafate

[Ma...]

It has aluminum hydroxide and is used to create a thin barrier in throats of those suffering from refliux Anybody know anything other than aluminum is worrisome for some of us, but I am pretty desperate

• 3 weeks later...
I’ve been on Carafate off and on for the last two years and never have any problems. Other than it stops you up pretty bad. I can only take one whole pill a day. If I take any more than that, I literally can’t go to the bathroom for days.

I was on Carafate for about3 months. It worked extremely well. It actually clings to protein -- in my case, the two bleeding ulcers in my stomach, and forms a protective barrier between them and your stomach acid. At least that's what the gastro told me.

Ah yes, it does stop you up. That's when I discovered the joys of magnesium citrate and started using CALM. Whew!!

What a mess, right? Having to take a drug to fix the mess another drug is causing. Still, it all turned out okay. The ulcers cleared up.

Best,

Katz

I started having bad reflux in my early w/d as a SX.  I went back to taking my probiotics daily ( I take the RAW brand, they must stay in the fridge, for women over 50-wise) and that stopped all my reflux problems.  I’m just putting this out there.  There are strains that really help the gut issues that lead to the reflux problems.

It’s worth a try  :)

Marie