I spent 2 weeks weaning myself of Clonazepam & am now REALLY SICK. Was I stupid?

[Ai...]

I've been on high doses of benzo's for 15years+ including Clonazepam (I think you call it klonapin?) - I got my dose down to 0.5mg in the morning & 0.5mg at night with some 2.5mg lorazepam when needed (sometimes i would also take my meds every second or third day at a higher dose). I decided it was time to stop so now haven't had any for 2 weeks and now I'm so sick - sweating, diarrhoea, jerking/jolting/twitching, hot/cold, my whole body feels prickly, a pulsing sound in my head - I feel like I'm getting worse not better! I've read on this site this isn't a good or safe way to come off benzo's. I have some Clonazepam I can take to get me through the weekend before I make an appointment next week to go and see the doctor or will I be undoing all the hard work I've done in the past few weeks. I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts anyone has as I'm really struggling. Thanks

You won't be undoing anything. At 2 weeks off you have barely begun. Things will probably get worse before they get better, and after 15 years use your body will be in shock.

It's recommended to slowly taper to minimize this shock, and symptoms, as you give your system time to adjust to life without benzos. If you have the option I would recommend reinstate reinstating and tapering. Cold turkey is rough

If you're not functional and in this much distress I would suggest you reinstate and do a slow taper.  You've been on a high dose of benzo's for a long time and its going to take a long time to recover from this. 

If you decide to reinstate, choose the lowest dose you can feel stable on, stable doesn't mean feeling great, it means you're able to be functional in your life.  Its important you take it every day, dosing erratically puts your body into a whiplash scenario, your brain is crying out for consistency so please give this to it.

This is your decision but you need to know that even a slow taper can be painful but it's a way to be able to free yourself from the drug while engaging in your life.  I quit cold turkey and it took me 14 months to recover.  You can reinstate and taper for that long but at least you'll be functional.  Neither option is ideal but it's all we have.