Can insomnia return after 100 days?

[ra...]

I was on medication for insomnia and some anxiety disorder from 01/03/20. Lonazep 0.5 mg prescribed once at night  along with Nexito 5 mg and fluovaxin cr 50 mg in night.After tapering it was reduced to 0.25 mg and i stopped it on 6th november 2020. Totally i was on benzos for nine months. Till last month, (february second week,) i was getting 5-6 hrs sleep daily with intermittent disturbances in night and no other symptoms existed. Just when i thought it is over my roller coaster started.. From Feb'15th last month my sleep decreased.i am getting sleep of about 3 hrs one day 2 hrs another day and abt 5 hrs on some days, and zero sleep some days.I do regular walking and follow all related sleep hygiene techniques..How drastically sleep reduced after 100 days of stopping medicine could not be known . Is this due to w/d of benzos/ssri?. Pl suggest.

I can't guarantee it, but I am very confident (99.9%) sure your sleep issues are related to Benzos and possibly SSRI's.  My sleep became the worst at 3 months off.  I did a CT.  Sleep was bad the first 3 months but got much worse from month 3-9 post jump, then slowly got better.

I am 4 years 7 months off and just had a 6 week bout of insomnia with zero nights and 1-3 hour nights.

It will even out, but takes time and more time.  Sleep returns in a very non linear (up and down) roller coaster ride fashion for most.

Hang in there.  Be grateful for any and all sleep you get.  At least you're getting some.

My only concern is whether 1-2 hrs of sleep continuously and zero sleep nights wont harm my brain? I jst cant pull on the next day in office. Iam amazed if a low dose of 0.5 mg klonipin can cause so much restless nights...If at all anything alternative medicine or therapy  i can try pl enlighten

Just for some comfort....

Somehow we totally survive the continuous weeks and months of very little sleep. I'm not sure how, but we do!!!

I kept thinking that it just wasn't possible and that it would either kill my brain or make me go crazy.....but it didn't.

I also did the weeks and months of zero nights sleep and then 2 hours here and there kind of thing.

It WAS torturous!! But survivable!

I am approaching 2 years off and doing very well :)

My only concern is whether 1-2 hrs of sleep continuously and zero sleep nights wont harm my brain? I jst cant pull on the next day in office. Iam amazed if a low dose of 0.5 mg klonipin can cause so much restless nights...If at all anything alternative medicine or therapy  i can try pl enlighten

No, there's no evidence to suggest that lack of sleep causes damage to the brain.  If that were possible, then those that do not have drug-induced insomnia would all have brain damage.  You can function the next day, but convince yourself that you can't because you were most likely conditioned to believe if you didn't get X number of hours per night it was game over.  I went to work several times after not sleeping for 2 and 3 nights in a row. 

People don't "catch up" on sleep.  Whatever sleep you get during the night is good for the next day only.  If you have a good night, you should feel a lot better the next day  and even if you don't, you can still function, because you are either functioning at work or at home.  When I stayed home after getting zero or no perceived sleep, it made things worse because I knew why I was home and I couldn't sleep anyway, so I was better off at work.

Also, there's really no such thing as a "low dose" when it comes to Benzos and the damage they can do in a very short amount of time. 

[52...]
I too, was terrified of my brain being damaged from long term non sleep marathons. But as I recover, I find I am still my old self.

After being on zero nights twice and 2-4 hrs 10 days, 5-6 hrs abt  15 days and full 8 hrs TWICE in last one month,  now i feel completely exhausted (my tapering on klonopin 0.5 once night reduced to 0.25 mg half tab then quarter tab completely stopped on november 6. Bouts of insomnia resurfaced for past one month after being drug free and symptom free for 100 days ). My doctor advises me to reinstate klonipin 0.25 (half tab night) plus nexito 0.5 mg (ssri half tab at night)then rapid tapering in one to two months.  Any advice on this would be appreciated.