Need Hope...Here you go

[Co...]

All - I was one of the worst cases of benzo wd that you could imagine...lasted 12mths and was complete, living hell. That was five years ago and I just thought I'd share with all of you that there is hope and there is a "cure".  It takes time, follow the best practices for wd, have patience, have strength and a lot of faith....but after that wd period (for me it was 12mths) you can just get better and better and better like I am today. I've never been happier, healthier and thank God every day for where I am, that my brain has healed, and even say thanks for putting me through what I went through. Its hell and nobody can understand unless you have gone through it. One recovered benzo wd person told me when I was at my worst "one day you will be healed, and then it will just get better and better....You'll appreciate life soooooo much more and you'll never have a bad day again". She was 100% right.

Love and prayers to all of you. Its hell but good things are in your future...I promise.

Your withdrawal symptoms lasted for 1 year after you jumped? Not sure if I caught that right

I am real happy to hear you are back to normal!!!!!!

Good for you coming back to bring hope and good wishes to those of us still in the battle.  I am almost at my one year anniversary post taper from Valium, and I just had the most wonderful window today!  Those windows are so reassuring that a complete healing is waiting in the wings for all of us.  Now go enjoy every nanosecond of your life :thumbsup:

:)How long did you taper ? I was using Ati for 4 weeks and having such a hard time coming off. Tapering 3 weeks. And happy to hear you are better !

I didnt taper as every Dr told me not too. I was on half a pill of Ativan for about 3mths and I still had terrible wd...and they all thought it was silly and in my head.  Windows get bigger and wider as you heal. Life post benzo wd is fantastic.

All - I was one of the worst cases of benzo wd that you could imagine...lasted 12mths and was complete, living hell. That was five years ago and I just thought I'd share with all of you that there is hope and there is a "cure".  It takes time, follow the best practices for wd, have patience, have strength and a lot of faith....but after that wd period (for me it was 12mths) you can just get better and better and better like I am today. I've never been happier, healthier and thank God every day for where I am, that my brain has healed, and even say thanks for putting me through what I went through. Its hell and nobody can understand unless you have gone through it. One recovered benzo wd person told me when I was at my worst "one day you will be healed, and then it will just get better and better....You'll appreciate life soooooo much more and you'll never have a bad day again". She was 100% right.

I have having trouble with discontinuation of being on Benzo's for a very short period and found this site. I have been taking Ativan over 2 wks (prob total of 3-4 days) and Klonopin (for about 3 days) - for situational anxiety - going through a divorce and having serious health problems. I was only taking .125 (1/2 of prescribed lowest dose) since I am extremely sensitive to medication. When I stopped the Ativan, I had essentially a panic attack in the middle of the night and then things got better. Not knowing it was withdrawal, I started Klonopin and 4 days after stopping, had the same thing happen. Since then have had bouts of depression, anxiety, blurred vision, headaches, very achey, pounding heart. I had a tough time getting off Effexor (was on it 8yrs for ADD) and had to taper but since I was on this for only 6-7 days in total & a very low dose, hopping I don't have to get back on it to taper. My Dr - who is very well versed in discontinuation - is saying Im extremely sensitive to meds like this but is saying my dose was way to small & short period of time, so I should not to get back on it. Again, I was on it only 7 days over 3 weeks.

Love and prayers to all of you. Its hell but good things are in your future...I promise.

Wow, is this really what 7 days use can do?  Such a tiny amount too?

• 4 weeks later...

I have having trouble with discontinuation of being on Benzo's for a very short period and found this site. I have been taking Ativan over 2 wks (prob total of 3-4 days) and Klonopin (for about 3 days) - for situational anxiety - going through a divorce and having serious health problems. I was only taking .125 (1/2 of prescribed lowest dose) since I am extremely sensitive to medication. When I stopped the Ativan, I had essentially a panic attack in the middle of the night and then things got better. Not knowing it was withdrawal, I started Klonopin and 4 days after stopping, had the same thing happen. Since then have had bouts of depression, anxiety, blurred vision, headaches, very achey, pounding heart. I had a tough time getting off Effexor (was on it 8yrs for ADD) and had to taper but since I was on this for only 6-7 days in total & a very low dose, hopping I don't have to get back on it to taper. My Dr - who is very well versed in discontinuation - is saying Im extremely sensitive to meds like this but is saying my dose was way to small & short period of time, so I should not to get back on it. Again, I was on it only 7 days over 3 weeks.

Wow, is this really what 7 days use can do?  Such a tiny amount too?

Emphatic yes. 

ColinCharlie,

Thank you for coming back and posting your success, keeping the hope alive for other BBs that our day is coming. 

I hear you but my awful withdrawal which I'm very proudly handli8ng with superhuman strength actually only STARTED to get bad after a year.  God this thing has taken over my body but NOT my mind

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story for inspiration. My anxiety and depression are manageable now. My main concern is the screaming ringing tinnitus in both ears 24/7. Did your tinnitus go away? Please tell me it gets better.....