It’s crunch time

[Sh...]

I need ur support hardcore insomniacs. I’m having total insomnia now. Only sleep with unisom and only get a couple of hrs. I’m not saying this to scare anyone I just really need the support of those who have come before me and are healed. I need you all right now x

Ive been there , about a month before I jumped and at least 2 months after  I could not take anything or I would be thrown into this adrenaline induced crisis and end up in the ER where I would be given a vistaril then watched THEN yelled at to "Go home and take my benzo " yeah ..  I told them no ...

I got up and had to be hand walked around our apt or out on the sidewalk then lay down in a dark quiet room to just rest .

I have many 0 hour nights and will still get a 90 minute one . Rest your body . Also take a warm shower , that will elax you , just sit down in the tub and let it rain on you for as long as you have hot water . You will feel somewhat more relaxed .

Shayna,

What else have you tried besides unison?

And dang it, I hate that you are still tapering and already in WD.

So stupid. Hate it for you.

I tried calms forte and that was a huge fail. I’ve tried cbd but not for a while(I get scared it might mess me up) I’ve tried weed but it doesn’t help ( plus I don’t like the way it makes me feel never have). Wish I lived in us so I could get some indica oil seems to help a lot on here. I tried amitriptiline and mertazapine but I was deep in tolerance at the time. Would never try amitriptiline again but maybe mertazapine. I really don’t want to go back down that road tho. I had to fight my way off a bunch of stuff and it’s was rough.

[9b...]

I tried calms forte and that was a huge fail. I’ve tried cbd but not for a while(I get scared it might mess me up) I’ve tried weed but it doesn’t help ( plus I don’t like the way it makes me feel never have). Wish I lived in us so I could get some indica oil seems to help a lot on here. I tried amitriptiline and mertazapine but I was deep in tolerance at the time. Would never try amitriptiline again but maybe mertazapine. I really don’t want to go back down that road tho. I had to fight my way off a bunch of stuff and it’s was rough.

Calms Forte is garbage. CBD on its own I doubt will help you sleep, but it will help if you stack it with THC. Mirtazapine might be a good idea to try, but don't take the full 15mg. Try 7.5mg for 2-3 days. It may not work the first night, but 2nd might might help.

If Unisom helps you, I can't see why Mirt wouldn't, it's basically Unisom on steroids. Your brain might be at the point were Mirt can help you. At 7.5mg I doubt you will have any serious side effects. I use 3.75mg and have CT'd twice off it now, and the only side is a mild headache that lasts 2 days.

Cannabis for medical use should have an Indica option. The difference with it is that the THC comes with the added terpenes of the Indica strains. If Cannabis is legal with a doctor's pescription, they should be able to specify an Indica strain for you. If you do get some, stack it with CBD for the best chance of it helping you.

I’m not a huge fan of weed but I’d give it a go to get some sleep.

I’ve tried mirt before I hated it, made me sooo grumpy but I’d have another crack at it, I ctd it too without any issue, but was only on 7.5mg. But that was deep in tolerance days so nothing touched me back then.

I’m going to call weed drs tomorrow snd see what they offer before making an appointment. Like I said in cbd thread she has already said she’ll help if I need her to. She’s actually all for it.

The goal for me really is sleep on my own, but I’d rather take weed over anything else.

[9b...]

I’ve tried mirt before I hated it, made me sooo grumpy but I’d have another crack at it, I ctd it too without any issue, but was only on 7.5mg. But that was deep in tolerance days so nothing touched me back then.

I’m going to call weed drs tomorrow snd see what they offer before making an appointment. Like I said in cbd thread she has already said she’ll help if I need her to. She’s actually all for it.

The goal for me really is sleep on my own, but I’d rather take weed over anything else.

Mirtazapine and THC do not interact with GABA. Mirtazapine in particular interacts zero with GABA, so you are 100% safe using it.

If you end up getting Indica THC, get a CBD oil to go along with it. I wouldn't do THC or CBD alone, stack them together. I'd try 10mg THC and 40mg CBD to start and see how your body handles it.

Neither one of these options will hurt your recovery, and at this time, don't worry about sleeping on your own. Find something that helps you. I started using Mirtazapine about a month after my last Zop, but I was using Trazadone right off the bat as soon as I was off the Zop. The first couple of nights I got zero sleep, even though I was knocked out drowsy, but I started getting more and more. 2hr nights, then 3hr nights, and eventually 6hr nights. You might find the same pattern.

I think as horrible as it is the sooner you are off V the sooner your body will start improving. When I jumped in december I had no idea of the hell that awaited me. I also have a job which requires high responsibility and performance. I could not understand how my body kept going through the worse of the insomnia. In December and January I had 30 zero nights, and the sleep I did get was really poor quality, its still not great now but it is slowly improving and it isnt linear in its progress at all. At the start of January Mirtazapine started working, it didnt even touch the sides whilst I was on Zop and for 3 weeks after I stopped. But in January it gave me sleep every other night. I am now sleeping on my own without anything but some nights its 2 hours, some its 6. I write in a diary what hours I think Ive had every day just so I can see the progress because sometimes it feels like it stagnates and the improvement goes backwards. You will get there, but the recovery only really starts one you are off Z drugs/Benzos, and it will be hell, but the fear is the worst part, your body will hold out. People dont die from this, which is probably the reason the medical community dont give a shit about trying to understand what these drugs do.

[9b...]

I think as horrible as it is the sooner you are off V the sooner your body will start improving. When I jumped in december I had no idea of the hell that awaited me. I also have a job which requires high responsibility and performance. I could not understand how my body kept going through the worse of the insomnia. In December and January I had 30 zero nights, and the sleep I did get was really poor quality, its still not great now but it is slowly improving and it isnt linear in its progress at all. At the start of January Mirtazapine started working, it didnt even touch the sides whilst I was on Zop and for 3 weeks after I stopped. But in January it gave me sleep every other night. I am now sleeping on my own without anything but some nights its 2 hours, some its 6. I write in a diary what hours I think Ive had every day just so I can see the progress because sometimes it feels like it stagnates and the improvement goes backwards. You will get there, but the recovery only really starts one you are off Z drugs/Benzos, and it will be hell, but the fear is the worst part, your body will hold out. People dont die from this, which is probably the reason the medical community dont give a shit about trying to understand what these drugs do.

I had a similar experience with Trazadone. While on the Zop it did nothing except make me super drowsy the whole day, to add to the lack of sleep. Once I was off, it slowly started working, 2hr nights, then 3hr, then 5hr, etc etc.

All good posts here

Trazadone and Mirt. Wouldn't touch my insomnia either during acute. I was gonna suggest CBD WITH TCH too, as I gave that a good go, though it didn't help me it at least didn't hurt me!

I cannot take antihistamines since they do the opposite for me, but what about Vistaril? Many people get knocked out with that and it's basically just an antihistamine, at least not an AD.

Mirtazapine and THC do not interact with GABA. Mirtazapine in particular interacts zero with GABA, so you are 100% safe using it.

If you end up getting Indica THC, get a CBD oil to go along with it. I wouldn't do THC or CBD alone, stack them together. I'd try 10mg THC and 40mg CBD to start and see how your body handles it.

Neither one of these options will hurt your recovery, and at this time, don't worry about sleeping on your own. Find something that helps you. I started using Mirtazapine about a month after my last Zop, but I was using Trazadone right off the bat as soon as I was off the Zop. The first couple of nights I got zero sleep, even though I was knocked out drowsy, but I started getting more and more. 2hr nights, then 3hr nights, and eventually 6hr nights. You might find the same pattern.

Thanks andros. I’m really not for going back on mirt, but it depends how rough things get. I have 3 kids to look after so I need to stay slightly functional.

Crazy what this stuff does to us. I managed to get some sleep on my own last night but it took a while to go to sleep then I was in and out all night. Usually the night after unisom I get some sleep maybe from residual effects. Whatever I’m greatful for it.

I tried sedating ads like trazadone and they did nothing for me. Just made me feel like shot but same I was still on zop when I was taking them. My pupils were always massive on ads, I wonder sometimes if I got a bit of seratonin syndrome on them. They always made me feel off my rocker even the sedating ones.so again not keen to take trazadone and u can’t get it in oz anyway

Yeah I know like the way has said as long as I’m still taking it I’m not healing. I’ve got 2 weeks til I hit .5. Then I’ll stay on that a week then jump.

I would dread to count my zero nights, I have had so many over these last 3 years. I started going into tolerance early 2018, but luckily I went cold and it evened out really fast. But then it got bumpy again and I stupidly went back on but not every night plus I was knocking back wines to try and calm the weird anxiety I was experiencing. Oh man if I knew then what I know now.

Yes unfortunately that’s the attitude u won’t die from insomnia like that’s the upside? No u won’t die but U sure wish it would kill u some days. I’ve prayed for death countless times. Then when I get a bit of sleep the last thing I want is to die. But the quality of life has been abysmal. I’ve lost 2.5 years to this.

I’m so glad things are turning around for u. So unfair to see short timers having so much trouble. I feel like andros will heal soon. Neither of u deserve this x 

All good posts here

Trazadone and Mirt. Wouldn't touch my insomnia either during acute. I was gonna suggest CBD WITH TCH too, as I gave that a good go, though it didn't help me it at least didn't hurt me!

I cannot take antihistamines since they do the opposite for me, but what about Vistaril? Many people get knocked out with that and it's basically just an antihistamine, at least not an AD.

Hey SB I don’t think we can get it here. My dr said she hasn’t heard of it but I’ll do a google and see what I can find. I just hate the way they make u feel the next day, that’s why I try not to take them more than twice a week. They make me super depressed

[9b...]

Thanks andros. I’m really not for going back on mirt, but it depends how rough things get. I have 3 kids to look after so I need to stay slightly functional.

Crazy what this stuff does to us. I managed to get some sleep on my own last night but it took a while to go to sleep then I was in and out all night. Usually the night after unisom I get some sleep maybe from residual effects. Whatever I’m greatful for it.

I tried sedating ads like trazadone and they did nothing for me. Just made me feel like shot but same I was still on zop when I was taking them. My pupils were always massive on ads, I wonder sometimes if I got a bit of seratonin syndrome on them. They always made me feel off my rocker even the sedating ones.so again not keen to take trazadone and u can’t get it in oz anyway

What's the smallest amount of Mirt you tried? If you were taking the 15mg right off the bat, yeah that would be pointless if it completely nukes you during the day.

When I take 3.75mg I don't even feel anything, but I go to bed, and before I realize it, I slept 3hrs straight (at that point I DO feel the drowsiness, but very mild). I can then go back to sleep and get another 3hrs, sometimes 4hr.

Last week I was shocked to get a full 8hr on 3.75, but it stopped working a few days after (so I switched to Cannabis again).

The Indica + CBD is a different feeling. It's still sedation, much more intense, and I can usually get 4-5 hours with it. I haven't taken huge doses yet.

I'm not sure Indica would help you if Mirt doesn't. It take less punch to get more for me out of Mirt. But I need to cycle something (I don't want to updose the Mirt, as I have been able to CT Mirt twice now, with the only side effects being some mild headaches for 2 - 3 days afterward.

Try 3.75mg for like 3 days straight and see what happens. Remember that Benzos and Z-Drugs directly activate the system that puts you to sleep. All these other things, because they don't work on GABA, are simply peripheral effects. They get your body drowsy enough so that whatever GABA receptors you have, have a better chance of working. This is why they may not work right away (your mind can fight the effect. I've had sleepless nights on both Mirt and Cannabis if my worry was so high that these substances could not override my brain. But if I am calmer, they work.

I tried 7.5 for a while then they put me on 15 when that didn’t work.

I’ve probably still got them somewhere I’ll have a look and try 3.75 if I’ve got any. If I don’t like it I won’t take anymore 

[9b...]

I tried 7.5 for a while then they put me on 15 when that didn’t work.

I’ve probably still got them somewhere I’ll have a look and try 3.75 if I’ve got any. If I don’t like it I won’t take anymore

Right now you have nothing to lose, and 3.75mg will not knock you back so hard you can't even function. But try it for at least 3 days straight, and see what happens.