Klonzepan withdraw

[Be...]

My husband was on .5 mg in the morning and .5 mg in the evening of Klonazepan. He reduced his dose to .25 and .5 for a few weeks then 15 or 20 days ago he jumped down to .25 mg morning and .25 evening. I told him it was too much of a jump. He had a lot of withdraw for a week or so then seemed better. But then last night he was up most of the night with horrible anxiety until he finally gave in and popped another few mg of a pill. He thought the worst of the withdraw was behind him. How much longer until the withdraw goes away and is it normal to be fine for awhile then get worse again? How long should he stay on this dose?

His reductions are too large, his body is telling him this so it would be good if he listened.  Reductions, even small ones have a way of catching up to us and when they hit, it's ugly so please ask him to find a dose he can stabilize on and stick to that for a few days or even a couple of weeks before attempting to reduce again. 

When he feels ready, a small reduction would be wise to test the waters, it's much easier to start small and increase the next reduction than to get hit hard and have to updose. 

As for feeling okay then getting hit with symptoms, this is the nature of benzo withdrawal, we never know how we're going to feel one day to the next because recovery isn't linear.  Let him know that tapering too quickly will just make him hurt more, it doesn't aid in the healing process, there is still repair work to be done after the last pill.

I agree with Pamster. You can read my new thread titled "Hope." I suffered greatly and had suicidal thoughts going from .125 to nothing.