Dry Titration VS Cut & Hold - 10% too?

[lq...]

When doing Cut & Hold it's advised to cut at maximum about 10% of current dose each 7-14 days.

If you do a DAILY Dry Titration, can you go faster than 10% each 7-14 days?

(Using Valium - long half-life)

Hi-

I am not an expert, but I don’t think so.  It’s still the same reduction, just a different method.  You’re just not cutting so fast at the beginning of each week or two, so it’s suppose to allow for a more steady decline. 

Marie

• 1 month later...
Just made my first cut of V. directly 10 mg ---> 9 mg.  I am starting to feel the effects tonight-  increased anxiety, really achey, restless legs :(  I'm nervous about what the next few days and weeks will bring as far as symptoms go.  I would prefer to micro-cut, but my prescriber is not supportive and won't prescribe what I need (for example, she is prescribing what I need at the first of the month for the "cut" dose).  She is at least being supportive of a 10% cut each month, so I believe, I should be able to at least be able to do 5% every two weeks on my own with the amount she has prescribed. Does that sound right?  I'm sorry, my benzo brain is having a hard time wrapping my thoughts around this.

Just made my first cut of V. directly 10 mg ---> 9 mg.  I am starting to feel the effects tonight-  increased anxiety, really achey, restless legs :(  I'm nervous about what the next few days and weeks will bring as far as symptoms go.  I would prefer to micro-cut, but my prescriber is not supportive and won't prescribe what I need (for example, she is prescribing what I need at the first of the month for the "cut" dose).  She is at least being supportive of a 10% cut each month, so I believe, I should be able to at least be able to do 5% every two weeks on my own with the amount she has prescribed. Does that sound right?  I'm sorry, my benzo brain is having a hard time wrapping my thoughts around this.

Hi- When did you actually make your first cut.  What was the date?  I metabolize medication very quickly and when doing a DT, I usually would feel it( I do at day 2-3, and by day 5 at ~10% cuts, I wasn’t feeling to good) by day 3.  There was one cut I did, a little early and I felt it at about the 14 hour mark, and I immediately updosed and waited until my 14 days.  I think it was right before I crashed and held.

So since your doctor is willing to do ~5% cut’s every 2 weeks (and that’s great) you will still need a scale, or they will have to prescribe liquid too, because the numbers don’t equal out to exact pill cuts...so some of your pills will get wasted.  This method may work just fine for you but after a while if not , you could revisit a DMT with your provider.  If your provider is unwilling, and the smaller cuts with a DT aren’t working and you really want to do a DMT or DLMT, I suggest finding a new provider that will work with you.  It sounds like you have plenty of time to begin researching that option.

Marie

Hi How Many,

Last Saturday 4/17. So, we'll see what the next few days bring.  Today was restless legs, agitation, and heightened anxiety. 

My Dr. isn't "willing" to do 5% cuts- but she's willing to give me a month's worth of V. at a time at a 10% cut rate and I just plan to slow it down to 5% every two weeks.  So no, she won't be willing to prescribe a mixture of pills and liquid.

I ordered this scale before I heard about gemini.  Should I return this one and get a better scale?https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GYVQF3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So much THANKS!

Did I mention how much trouble buddies seem to have including their doctor in their taper schedule? I probably did, so I won't pester you again about it too much. It's just a very common trend; doctors don't seem to listen or adapt to patient's WD symptoms. Across the board, doctors say WD is "purely psychological" or will improve with LESS medicine; you can imagine how well that goes for their patients.

I would be looking for a new doctor, personally. I'd want a steady script of pills, and I'd be making my own liquid medicine so I could accurately taper, or I'd request a script for a compounded formula. They make liquid diazepam in the states; I think most any pharmacy can get it at 0.1mg/ml, but it does have a bunch of other chemicals in it.

I make my own liquid clonazepam, which requires more ethanol in solution than diazepam, I believe. And I still take only a TINY bit of ethanol each day because I'm doing a liquid/tablet hybrid taper. Check out the link in my signature if you're interested, and I can go over the medical study and help you figure out how much ethanol you'd need for a homemade diazepam solution if you want one.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, your doctor isn't necessarily rushing you yet, but as Marie says, 10%/month isn't going to work out as pill cuts. You'll need a dodgy scale or a liquid to do this. And yes, 5% / 2 weeks would be much more comfortable for you, I suspect. Why not updose to 9.5mg/day? Then take the second 0.5mg away half way through the month?

Personally, if I was stuck with tablets, I'd be cutting them as small as possible (1/4s), and spacing them out as long as I need to to remain functional. And as you know, looking for a more accommodating doctor.

Let me know if you want to make a liquid!

Did I mention how much trouble buddies seem to have including their doctor in their taper schedule? I probably did, so I won't pester you again about it too much. It's just a very common trend; doctors don't seem to listen or adapt to patient's WD symptoms. Across the board, doctors say WD is "purely psychological" or will improve with LESS medicine; you can imagine how well that goes for their patients.

I would be looking for a new doctor, personally. I'd want a steady script of pills, and I'd be making my own liquid medicine so I could accurately taper, or I'd request a script for a compounded formula. They make liquid diazepam in the states; I think most any pharmacy can get it at 0.1mg/ml, but it does have a bunch of other chemicals in it.

I make my own liquid clonazepam, which requires more ethanol in solution than diazepam, I believe. And I still take only a TINY bit of ethanol each day because I'm doing a liquid/tablet hybrid taper. Check out the link in my signature if you're interested, and I can go over the medical study and help you figure out how much ethanol you'd need for a homemade diazepam solution if you want one.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, your doctor isn't necessarily rushing you yet, but as Marie says, 10%/month isn't going to work out as pill cuts. You'll need a dodgy scale or a liquid to do this. And yes, 5% / 2 weeks would be much more comfortable for you, I suspect. Why not updose to 9.5mg/day? Then take the second 0.5mg away half way through the month?

Personally, if I was stuck with tablets, I'd be cutting them as small as possible (1/4s), and spacing them out as long as I need to to remain functional. And as you know, looking for a more accommodating doctor.

Let me know if you want to make a liquid!

I totally agree!

Marie