Plan to try and sleep with no aids of any sort

[69...]

[69...]

Just thought I'd post this up. I've been using Mirtazapine and Cannabis interchangeably to try and sleep. I now have 4 months and a week since I last took any Zopiclone. The Cannabis is starting to lose effect at 20mg THC, but tomorrow I have to do a night shift the entire night (hence I will have to stay awake anyway). I am going to have my first coffee in 6 months tomorrow morning, and one in the evening to help with the night.

The next night I should be exhausted, but I plan on enduring and see if I fall asleep. And if I don't, I'll try a 3rd day, basically the rest of this week. I guess these are the possible outcomes:

1. The 2nd night I fall asleep. If it happens, it's a HUGE victory for me.

2. I don't sleep the 2nd night, but I sleep the 3rd night. If this happens, it's still a good sign.

3. I don't get any perceived sleep for 3 days straight. If this happens, then I guess I will have to go back on THC and continue for maybe another month, and try again then.

But we'll see. I will report any progress on this thread.

Good luck....

I know many people that still used caffeine when they had sleep issues.

I drink it all the time now

I think as long as you quit before 2pm it shouldn't make much difference?

Even THC and natural stuff can stop working given enough time.

I hope you get sleep the 2nd night.

[69...]

I see you took Mirtazapine for sleeping issues. Did it work?

Yes, for me, Mirtazapine works. The medication is extremely powerful at reducing histamine levels even at low doses. I split the pill in 4 pieces (for approx 3.75mg) and that 3.75mg is usually enough to put me under for 7 hours straight.

I find that I have to take a full Unisom tablet to get that same effect (Unisom does not touch Serotonin or Norephedrine, which Mirt does a little, even at 3.75mg).

And the first run I went with that 3.75mg, I got a full month and 2 weeks before it started losing effect. I took a 2 week break, and the second run I only got 10 days out of 3.75mg before it stopped working.

I'm off it now and plan to be off it for 3 weeks straight, and then go on it again if needed and see how long 3.75mg works for me.

On some people it doesn't work. I have a theory that if your GABA receptors are shot very badly, nothing will help to sleep. If your GABA receptors are not 100% but enough to work (let's say 60-80%), then anything that reduces histamine will allow the GABA you have to take over and sleep.

[69...]

Good luck....

I know many people that still used caffeine when they had sleep issues.

I drink it all the time now

I think as long as you quit before 2pm it shouldn't make much difference?

Even THC and natural stuff can stop working given enough time.

I hope you get sleep the 2nd night.

I'm very sensitive to caffeine. I think in general I'm very sensitive to all drugs.

Even when I was fine, if I had a coffee after 11am, I would not sleep that night. I stopped caffeine cold turkey since October (no coffee, no pops/sodas, no teas, etc etc).

But today is basically going to be a long stretch, so I'll take some caffeine today and see how it goes. As long as I don't take anymore by 12midnight It should clear my system by the time I attempt to sleep with nothing.

Yeah, I am aware stuff stops working. I have been using low doses of everything though. I'm going to start trying to sleep on my own now, maybe go 3-4 days with nothing once every month.

Since I was somewhat lucky in that these things are helping me sleep, I'm hoping that sleep has accelerated some healing, and I may get lucky tomorrow night, who knows.

I wish you good luck. Now I'm sleeping barely 3.5 hours per night and I have still to start tapering after Lormetazepam C/T. Lormetazepam it's tough to discontinue.

[69...]

I wish you good luck. Now I'm sleeping barely 3.5 hours per night and I have still to start tapering after Lormetazepam C/T. Lormetazepam it's tough to discontinue.

Give the Mirtazapine a shot if you can get it. You'll probably need more than me. I'd try it at 7.5mg and see how your body reacts. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work the first night, try it a second night and see how it goes for you. Just a recommendation. At the end of the day, you have to run it by your doctor and see if they will prescribe it to you.

[69...]

Alright, I am still awake at 5am EST. The difference this time is that I haven't gone to bed and am not laying there looking at the clock like an idiot. Rather, I just finished my night shift.

I had a medium coffee around 11pm, and I noticed it did give me a bit of a kick (I haven't had a drop of caffeine in over 5 months). but the efffect was done by 3am, and now I am exhausted.

The plan is to have a large coffee, probably within an hour from now, and get by thru the day, and see what happens tonight when I go to sleep with no aids.

[69...]

Had my large coffee about 1hr ago.

My exhaustion has reduced by 80%. I'm still tired but can definitely go on for the rest of the day. I'll probably feel different once the caffeine runs out. But hopefully I'll be pretty exhausted so that I get a natural sleep for at least 4hr. I'm really crossing my fingers on it.

[69...]

I went to bed last night, exhausted. Used no drugs, no cannabis, no supplements other than a magnesium cap. I did use my CoolDrift machine though.

I got 7hr total sleep, for the first time in 4 months. This is such a great win. I am not too tired now, so I'll see how it goes tonight, but to get a 7hr shot almost completely unaided, seems to point to my brain finally starting to heal. I'll report tomorrow how it went tonight. Maybe it's just one of those fancy windows, but I hope not.

[69...]

So I was able to sleep 5hr total, no drugs, no cannabis, no supplements. Not even Magnesium.

I did use my Cool Drift machine, which definitely helps my sleep onset (which with the machine is about 45min. In my entire life I have never fallen asleep that fast).

But I kept waking up and taking another 30min to go back to sleep, for a total of approx 5hr.

But wow! 5hr completely unaided by drugs? That's a huge win for me!! I think I'm finally getting to the end of this nightmare.

I'm actually surprised to hear you slept so well after getting such great sleep the night before, it looks like this nightmare is almost over!  :)

So I was able to sleep 5hr total, no drugs, no cannabis, no supplements. Not even Magnesium.

I did use my Cool Drift machine, which definitely helps my sleep onset (which with the machine is about 45min. In my entire life I have never fallen asleep that fast).

But I kept waking up and taking another 30min to go back to sleep, for a total of approx 5hr.

But wow! 5hr completely unaided by drugs? That's a huge win for me!! I think I'm finally getting to the end of this nightmare.

Congratulations....that must feel good to know that you can sleep without taking anything! 

[69...]

Congratulations....that must feel good to know that you can sleep without taking anything!

Dude even though I woke up with a headache, I was so pumped, I started working on a few projects that I've been wanting to do, and were basically placed in indefinite hold last Oct.

I will probably still rely on at least something for the next month, maybe cannabis every other day, but yes, it's so awesome to know my body is capable of sleep without any help.

The Cool Drift machine is part of it too, I have never in my life been able to fall asleep in less than 1hr, unless I had pulled like 2 all-nighters at work, but with this machine, in 30 min I feel relaxed (it feels a little like what Zopiclone felt like the first week I used it).

It's terrible how these Benzos have such extreme side effects, because at first, they are wonder drugs, but you're basically signing a contract with the devil, and the devil always gets the best deal.

[69...]

I'm actually surprised to hear you slept so well after getting such great sleep the night before, it looks like this nightmare is almost over!  :)

I think I'm getting close to calling it a success story, but I'll wait out 'till next week and see how I do.

Great to hear, pleased for you. I know how hellish this debacle is. Do not be put off if you have a run of decent nights followed by a 2-3 nights of misery, this seems to be common during recovery. Sometimes the setbacks have got me down but then it goes back to improvement again.

[69...]

Great to hear, pleased for you. I know how hellish this debacle is. Do not be put off if you have a run of decent nights followed by a 2-3 nights of misery, this seems to be common during recovery. Sometimes the setbacks have got me down but then it goes back to improvement again.

If I run into bad nights, I have like 9 months worth of Mirtazapine, which I know works for me, and I have like 2 months worth of Cannabis, which also works for me.

So the stress is almost basically gone. It has been hell on earth, but I'm finally crawling out of that pit. I'm glad you are too man.