This is similar to Central Sensitization, but virtually all stimuli....

[Tr...]

Found this. Is this saying any kind of neural stimulation good and bad can throw us into a wave? I mean we all kind of know this but I had never heard of "neural load" before. It makes sense if it's saying what I think it is:

Unlike most other medications, for benzodiazepines there is often a significant period of time after withdrawal is complete where patients still experience a variety of the same symptoms they had while tapering.  This can extend well beyond the time where there is any active benzodiazepine or metabolite present, sometimes for years after the completion of withdrawal.  Post-withdrawal patients also often report new symptoms, or (less frequently) symptoms that have increased beyond the levels experienced during use or while tapering. Thus, there is evidence of a potentially long-lasting Benzodiazepine Injury Syndrome (BZIS) in up to 40% of long-term BZ users[1].  Some have suggested calling this phenomena “Benzodiazepine Induced Brain Injury”, but since BZs bind to neural and non-neural tissue throughout the body, there is no evidence that the physiological alterations made by benzodiazepines are restricted to the brain. However, there is the possibility of symptoms increasing in reaction to increases in Net Neural Load.  This is similar to Central Sensitization, but virtually all stimuli – whether pleasurable or not – can add together to increase the number and severity of BZIS symptoms presented[2].

https://benzoreform.org/benzodiazepine-injury-syndrome-and-recovery/

[2] John F. Peppin, Joseph V. Pergolizzi (Jr.), Robert B. Raffa, Steven L. Wright et al. The Benzodiazepine Crisis: An Overview of the Down-Side of an Overused Drug Class. Oxford University Press, 2020.