3 months, who would have thought?

[fa...]

I am more than 3 months off and I am here to tell you there IS light at the end of the acute withdrawal tunnel.  I quit Aug 1, 2010, a huge amount of ativan and ambien.  It hasn't been easy, but I have to tell you, I feel OK.  I am not perfect, but I can function, sleep, complete what I need to, socialize, and take care of business....the basic stuff. The acute withdrawal symptoms don't last forever!!

Each day is better, occasionally a step back, but usually forward.  My best advice is to keep moving, keep distracted, take care of yourself, MAKE yourself move.  I may fall on my face one of these days, as someone from another forum PM'd me, but I hope not.

I pray all of you, will have some of the success I have felt.  Getting off of this poison is the best thing I have ever done. 

Keep looking up, it is nicer up than down.

Robin

Hi Robin:

Boy, you are the master benzo fighter!!!!!  I have crossed over to 3.75 mg. valium after .5 mg. ativan and 10 mg. ambien taper.  You feeling good and posting is proof that we can all make it without death and torture. 

Thanks so much for your posting -- I will keep you in my prayers for all good days ahead.  You are an inspiration.

God bless,

Rocko

Hi Robin:

Boy, you are the master benzo fighter!!!!!  I have crossed over to 3.75 mg. valium after .5 mg. ativan and 10 mg. ambien taper.  You feeling good and posting is proof that we can all make it without death and torture. 

Thanks so much for your posting -- I will keep you in my prayers for all good days ahead.  You are an inspiration.

God bless,

Rocko

Thanks, Rocko you are doing a great job.  I know it is so hard, anyway it is done!  Take care,

Robin

• 3 weeks later...

It is now 4 months off and seems to be better each month.  There are days in which I feel rather icky, but don't we all?  Isn't that just part of being human?

I think it is. 

Fairrobin - so glad to hear that you are 4 months off and still doing well.  That is so great and congratulations on keeping the upper hand during this battle.  Love from Hoping2BFree

Hi Robin,

Great job on quitting benzos!  Sounds like you are feeling better all the time which is awesome!  Isn't it the most unbelievable thing though, this benzo withdrawal!  I new when I first experienced trying to stop taking xanax and couldn't that I was obviously in trouble. I underestimated it  though, I thought that once I stopped that everything would be ok.  Wow, was I wrong.  Who knew it would take so long.  Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and say good job!  I am now over 8 months free from xanax. Unfortunately I took it for a long time and oh I wish hadn't.  It's been a long tough road.  It's a part of this whole recovery process I guess, accepting this misfortune and doing whatever it takes to be well again.  So, glad you are feeling better!  Btw, I noticed your signature, I live in arizona too, in scottsdale.  Hasn't the weather been amazing!  We certainly have that to be grateful for.

Take care,

john

• 3 weeks later...

I am 3 months and 10 days off.  Currently in the past 3 weeks I have been in a pattern of 4 good days, 4 bad days. It's doable, but boy when those bad days take over, they are REALLY bad.

Congrats Robin!  You are doing great.  You are an inspiration indeed.

Hi John, Squeegy, Sunny, D, Hoping and thank you for the kind words.  I at 5 months off today and getting better with less symptoms, every week.  I hope you are too.  This year is going to be better for ALL of us!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tickedoff::thumbsup: :thumbsup: