What supplements do you take?

[Wi...]

What supplements can you take? I feel a lot more anxiety when I have taken some vitamins supplements lately. I think magnesium causing me more anxiety!  ???

Some members say supplements are helpful, others take them and experience increased symptoms, I've seen many discussions about magnesium on the Alternative Therapies & Supplements board.

Personally in my time here I've never seen consensus about any supplement being a magic bullet, but a lot of money has been spent in trying to find it, proceed at your own risk.

None....

Any supplements have the potential to have a paradoxical effect, and or make WD sx worse. You should use any with caution IMHO

Magnesium can help some, not help others. Too many B vitamins can ramp up W/D symptoms and anxiety big time.

I have found help from two supplements, NAC, which I, like many, find it helps with the am anxiety. I only take 600 mg. The other is Sesamin, which is a lignan from Sesame seeds. It settles down the benzo belly, and can also help with easing anxiety for some. Anything else I take (Vit D3) is doctor prescribed.

This link (  https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/  ) might help you some. Especially because some may recommend items on the list. You'll note Magneseium is listed there, but there is quite a bit of controversy as to whether Magnesium is something helpful. For example, this link ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507260/ mentions that Magnesium aspartate decreases benzodiazepine addiction and refers to studies. So it may be a matter of the type of Magnesium you use. Most on BB use Glycinate, Threonate or Aspartate.

None of the above are fix-it-alls, some may ease certain W/D symptoms. If you try something and feel worse, obviously that supplement should be stopped. Ideally, vitamins and minerals should be obtained by diet. Dietary sources are less likely to ramp up symptoms.

• 3 weeks later...
Recently started seeing a functional medicine dr.  They did a few test that look at serotonin, gaba, dopamine, and more.  They also did a test to look at hormones.  Based on these tests they have suggested some supplements.  I have just started taking them one by one over the course of a few weeks.  One I find helps is called Lymph Tone.  Supposedly it helps clear out the liver.  I've had more windows since using this.  It's not a magic drop (liquid tincure) but it's helping.  I also find magnesium helps me.  Best to you!

D Mannose, elderberry, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D, Allimax (garlic pill), and a probiotic. In the beginning, I could tolerate almost nothing but D Mannose. I’ve added the others in as months pass. I am almost 8 months off of lorazepam, and I’m a year off of the short term use of the drug that hurt me the worst...gabapentin.

Everyone is different. Proceed with great caution.

What supplements can you take? I feel a lot more anxiety when I have taken some vitamins supplements lately. I think magnesium causing me more anxiety!  ???

I now take a few supplements, but not for anxiety or benzo w/d reasons. These are for other health reasons on the advice from my PCP. I take Omega 3, Niacin, Vit. D, ALA and Folic Acid. I have no increased anxiety or benzo w/d related sx's from taking these things. I have been taking them for over 2 years now. HTH

• 3 months later...
Not too many actually. I did a blood test recently and my doctor recommended me those : iron course + magnesium, Folid acid, Omega 3. Made an order from canadian pharmacy already. The last one can be replaced with the good amount of fish/seafood/nuts/plant oils.

None....

Any supplements have the potential to have a paradoxical effect, and or make WD sx worse. You should use any with caution IMHO

Agree. try to get the most out of your f00d.

Try supplementation at low doses with caution.

See the sheet in my signature I think its a good strife to get that out of your food.

Your body is helped best with organic sources.