valium vs. klonopin please help me?

[th...]

i had a family loss for a month waking up 2 or 3 hours early before alarm, worst I have ever slept.  is valium better then klonopin to keep you asleep? please help me!! thank you everyone

Losing 2 to 3 hours of sleep is practically nothing when it comes to Benzo induced insomnia.  I would NOT take any Benzo or Z drug for sleep or for any other reason.  The Benzo induced insomnia you will most likely face after you quit taking the Benzo will be far far worse than waking up 2 - 3 hours before your alarm!

Trust me....been there, done that.  Your sleep will even out over time. 

The sleep issues you are experiencing now are like a "gust of wind" compared to the "Category 5 Hurricane" of sleep issues you will most likely face once you go down the Benzo or Z drug road.

If you have to take something try doxylamine as it is available OTC, but I wouldn't take it every night...maybe a couple of times per week.

Other people have had success with lose dose Mirtazapine 3.75 to 7.5 mg

Yet others have had luck with low dose Seroquel, 50mg

I am not advocating Rx drug use,  but some people get desperate and want those options.  You decide what is best for you!

Nothing worked for me for more than a night or two so I decided to let my sleep return on its own...naturally and it did, over time.

I used to think you needed 8 hours per night or else bad things would happen, but that is simply not true.  Your body will get all the sleep it needs before anything bad will happen to you and "microsleep" can sustain you until your sleep evens out. You can live a great life on a lot less sleep than you believe is possible right now!

[c7...]
Also to add to Theway2's post, I wish I would have exhausted all natural avenues (chamomille, valerian, glycine, melatonin, etc etc) before reaching out for drugs that only made things worse

I am gong to add benadryl to Andros post , you don't want to go back to a benzo at all , oh you will so regret it .

Please try everything we have listed here first .

[c7...]

I am gong to add benadryl to Andros post , you don't want to go back to a benzo at all , oh you will so regret it .

Please try everything we have listed here first .

My original insomnia was due to a traumatic event that happened to me. I had never had any issues sleeping before that.

I tried Benadryl, which worked well the first night, but stopped working.

I got another night sleep with 6mg Melatonin and 1000mg Methocarbamol.

I was panicking and went to the doctor, and well, here I am.

If I could do it again (if my brain had never seen a benzo or Z-Drug), I'd do Cannabis at whatever dose knocked me out. I bet my original insomnia would have cleared out in 2-3 weeks.