Tapering 5mg of Valium While In Post Acute Opiate Withdrawal

[bu...]

I've been sitting at 5mg of Valium for quite some time while I got off long term opiate use (12 years of Suboxone). Fortunately I've never noticed any tolerance withdrawal symptoms, and tapering from 20mg down to 5mg was relatively easy. I'm 2 months off all opiates and still having some serious post acute issues. Severe fatigue, aches, random nausea, anxiety, sleep issues, with mornings being the hardest time. My doctor switched me to the 2mg Valium pills to taper, and I'm planning on starting next week by dropping .5mg every couple weeks. This would hopefully have me done by the middle of July. I'm hoping for some improvement in my health and well being as I get lower in dose. I know it's not a big amount to taper off of, but like I said I'm still having a rough time healing from the opiates. Does this taper plan sound reasonable considering the circumstances?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been sitting at 5mg of Valium for quite some time while I got off long term opiate use (12 years of Suboxone). Fortunately I've never noticed any tolerance withdrawal symptoms, and tapering from 20mg down to 5mg was relatively easy. I'm 2 months off all opiates and still having some serious post acute issues. Severe fatigue, aches, random nausea, anxiety, sleep issues, with mornings being the hardest time. My doctor switched me to the 2mg Valium pills to taper, and I'm planning on starting next week by dropping .5mg every couple weeks. This would hopefully have me done by the middle of July. I'm hoping for some improvement in my health and well being as I get lower in dose. I know it's not a big amount to taper off of, but like I said I'm still having a rough time healing from the opiates. Does this taper plan sound reasonable considering the circumstances?

0.5mg every two weeks is far too fast. The lower the dose the smaller the cuts.

You might want to look at The daily liquid titration on this forum.