How to titrate 1 mg of Valium in (how much) water?

[Ho...]

• 2 weeks later...

There's a video on Benzo Brains (YT channel) that shows how.  She said Valium will dissolve in water.  Here's the link.

Valium will NOT dissolve in water. The pill will disintegrate, not dissolve.

The youtuber first says the Valium dissolves and then says she is making a suspension, not a solution. That is a contradiction. If the Valium actually dissolved (it didn't), she would be making a solution.

I have an explanation in my p-log of suspension vs solution. Scroll down to Liquefying Benzos.

p-log page 2

Drop your 1 mg valium pill (half a 2 mg pill) in about 2 ml of alcohol. It WILL dissolve and WILL make a true solution. As gardener says, valium is NOT soluble in water. Then add water up to 100 mls. That makes a 1mg:100 mls solution and you can taper from there. Each 1 ml removed is .00l mgs of valium. Removing 1 ml of solution each day will take you 100 days to get rid of 1 mg of valium.

I tapered my last 1 mg of valium this way and it worked very well. Of course you could go faster by removing more mls of solution daily.

Katz

I have an explanation in my p-log of suspension vs solution. Scroll down to Liquefying Benzos.

p-log page 2

Thanks, garnener99, this was seriously helpful to me, knowing I could use a small amount of vodka to dissolve the Klonopin and diluting it with water.  I've been doing this the last couple of days, and it's working well.  (sorry, I'm not sure how to post with a quote.  I hope I did it right.  I'm not used to forums).

Thanks, garnener99, this was seriously helpful to me, knowing I could use a small amount of vodka to dissolve the Klonopin and diluting it with water.  I've been doing this the last couple of days, and it's working well.  (sorry, I'm not sure how to post with a quote.  I hope I did it right.  I'm not used to forums).

The software will make the quote for you! Instead of clicking on "reply" click on "quote" at the top right of the post you want to quote. A text box will pop up with the quotation already formatted for you. Just be sure to type your text into the box completely below the quotation or completely above it.

I'm glad the solution is working for you. It really is such a small amount of alcohol the vast majority of people will not be affected by it one bit.

I want to add that there are lots of factors that affect how stable a benzo is as a liquid. Valium is known as fairly stable when liquefied. I believe Klonopin is, too. I tapered Librium which is known to be unstable as a liquid, so I mixed up my batch every day or two. It worked fine.

When a pharmaceutical company liquefies, they control everything from the pH to the preservative to the type of container, and test to know it's OK. When we do it at home, there is a little bit of guess work going on. I highly recommend using a glass container (see this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23989441/). You might ask in the Klonopin group how long they kept their liquefied benzo. My guess is a week is safe, but I don't have Klonopin experience.

Thank you, gardener99, and thank you, oregonkatz.  I truly appreciate your knowledge and guidance.  It has helped A LOT.

I used whole milk tapering valium from 0.7mg down all the way to 0 in about 8 months. I felt it quite accurate.

Disolve 2 mg pill in 200 ml milk

Now you have 0.1mg valium in 10 ml solution, or 0.01 mg valium in 1 ml solution .

Then you can measure out whatever mg valium you want

Glitter Girl: According to USP and other sources, clonazepam has a much lower solubility in ethanol (alcohol) than diazepam.  You might want to consider using a higher proof vodka as well as more alcohol per mg of clonazepam.  For example, member Ultra2007 uses 2.5mL of 180 proof vodka for each 1mg clonazepam tablet.

Thank you, Libertas!  The taste of 1 ml, 80 proof (in 300 ml of water) is already too strong, Lol.  So far, it's working fine for me.  I truly appreciate your help.  I'll remember it as I may need it in the future when the doses get smaller.  Thanks again!  :balloon:

You are welcome, Glitter Girl.  Per our Titration: FAQs, we know very little about the properties of homebrew liquids because, to our knowledge, none of them have been professionally analyzed. Given clonazepam’s solubility profile and the high ratio of water to 40% alcohol you are using, my best guess is the liquid you are making is a hybrid (part solution, part suspension).  So, if I were in your shoes, I would be sure to shake my liquid vigorously before I quickly measured my reduction/dose. I also would regard the stability of my homebrew liquid as “unknown” so would either make a fresh batch every day or every few days. (One of our members who was an analytical chemist working in the pharmaceutical industry reported issues with his homebrew liquid at 5 days.)

Thanks again, Libertas!  Since I'm housebound, the look on my teetotaling mother's face when I ask her to get me 180-proof vodka should be priceless.  :laugh:  I will definitely shake it vigorously and make a new batch every day.  Thanks again!  I appreciate you.

Thanks again, Libertas!  Since I'm housebound, the look on my teetotaling mother's face when I ask her to get me 180-proof vodka should be priceless.  :laugh:  I will definitely shake it vigorously and make a new batch every day.  Thanks again!  I appreciate you.

The look sure would be! Especially if you add you want the cheapest stuff they sell. I got a weird look at the liquor store when I asked for that. :laugh:

gardener99  :laugh: :laugh:

Katz  :laugh: :laugh:

Libertas, I should have mentioned that I'm weighing my dose and putting it in liquid to divide it in doses.  I'm new at this, so what you said took me a bit to compute, Lol.  I can see how it would be messed up, trying to remove some liquid after the pill had settled, which happens very quickly.  Thanks again for your help. :)

Hello again, Glitter Girl.  Thank you for the additional information.  Can you tell us more about why and how you are “weighing your dose” before you put it in liquid?  (Members typically use whole tablets — or sometimes fractions of tablets if the tablets have a functional score line(s) — to prepare their homebrew liquids.)

Hi, Libertas, I'm weighing on a Gemini milligram scale because my tablets are really hard to divide evenly and aren't scored.  So, I end up with bits and pieces, trying to get the right weight.  I put them in liquid, so I can divide out 2 even doses.  I hope that makes sense.  The reason I don't do the regular method of titration is because I don't want to waste any, Lol.  I don't know when my doctor will cut me off.

Hi Glitter Girl,

I'm a little concerned about your method, I didn't taper but I read a lot of posts and worry about using pill fragments to make up your liquid.  A scored tablet will pretty much guarantee you an even amount of medication in each half but if your tablets aren't scored we can't make that same assumption so I worry you're not getting the proper amount of medication in your fragments.

I understand you have concerns about being cut off by your Dr but I worry you're causing yourself increased symptoms with your method, what do you think?

Pamster

Aww, thanks, Pamster for your concern.  I truly appreciate you.  Since I'm still at a high dose, I use one whole pill, and then I try to add a half, but since it's not even, that's where the fragments come in.  I'm weighing the whole amount and slowly inching down.  I'm not having bad symptoms but actually have felt better in some ways.  I know that's weird, Lol.  Thanks again, Pamster.  :balloon:  :balloon:  :balloon:

How big is your tablet? I think someone can work out a formula to dissolve a whole tablet and then draw your dose each day from that liquid until it's gone. Then dissolve another tablet and use up that liquid. I would think the liquid would be good for several days at least and you would use it up, not waste it.

What do you think, Pamster?

How big is your tablet? I think someone can work out a formula to dissolve a whole tablet and then draw your dose each day from that liquid until it's gone. Then dissolve another tablet and use up that liquid. I would think the liquid would be good for several days at least and you would use it up, not waste it.

What do you think, Pamster?

That sounds like a great idea Gardie, if you're on board Glitter Girl perhaps you could start a thread of your own so we can work out the details.

Dear Hopeforrecovery, I'm so sorry for hijacking your post!  I hope you found the help you were looking for.

Hi, Pamster and gardener 99,  thanks again for your help.  I really stressed about finding a method, and when I finally settled on my current method, it was such a relief.  I'd like to stick with it for a bit and get some time without stressing about it.  Your advice is good, and I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks, and you're the best, both of you! ;)

Dear Hopeforrecovery, I'm so sorry for hijacking your post!  I hope you found the help you were looking for.

Hi, Pamster and gardener 99,  thanks again for your help.  I really stressed about finding a method, and when I finally settled on my current method, it was such a relief.  I'd like to stick with it for a bit and get some time without stressing about it.  Your advice is good, and I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks, and you're the best, both of you! ;)

Good for you Glitter Girl, it's important to have confidence in your plan.  I'm glad you'll keep it in mind because most tapers require adjustments as you go so it's good to be flexible.  :thumbsup: