Baclofen taper

[Oc...]

Thanks dude

Glad you cleared that up, at first I thought wow then I remembered the teeth thing especially if bad before would more likely be the benzo. It’s famous for tooth extractions of healthy teeth let alone bad ones

I’m suprissed you ct so many times though ? I hear baclofen can have WDs but not anything like benzo, i have 20mg to go, to be honest a 33% cut was ok as I’m told repeatedly mines more than likely acute withdrawals from the benzo having jumped 2.5 months ago

Also Scorpio

I found diazepam once a day was better than splits, its long lasting, i used to take mine at bed time ONLY, with Xanax etc interpose can be a problem but Valium ? Diazepam / once is enough to keep the blood flow smooth

I do only take diazepam once nightly. But right now nothing is helping. Baclofen has put me back in acute withdrawals. It’s been 11 days and I seem to be getting worse. But I can’t get back on baclofen because it made me feel horrible.

So you are going to that but you will be okay. Your signature needs updating??? I know what you mean ! My drop with baclofen is parallel to acute anyway and I’m pissed off with it ! Especially knowing I have to taper that now also

It will get better

I was using K. and Baclo. together "as needed" (usually never on the same day) for about 2 months until I finally ran out of K. and looked up baclo. and saw it was gaba-ergic.  I C/T both.  Five days later I started V 10 mg daily.  This has been all really awful with nausea, extreme weight loss, anxiety, achey and restless legs, and horrible mornings where I shake for 3-4 hours.  Right now I'm not sure if it's the V. causing the issues, or the C/T of the K. and baclo.  Or both.  All I know is I sure wish I would have 1) ever been told not to mix the two meds; 2) ever been told to taper off both meds; 3) realized what the was going on when I went into withdrawl so I could have quickly reinstated and done a proper taper 

These are potent, difficult drugs that really make a mess of people's bodies and lives.  I'm doing my best to get off!!

Ok so you rapidly switched then ? Technically you haven’t CT K as V is it’s equivalent reflecting in your V dose

But a more steady crossover is normally done.

As needed? Did you skip doses ?

I dropped 10mg Baclofen in one go but it timed with acute V withdrawals also. Unfortunately what you’re doing sounds like classic benzo

Sorry you have this ! I’m not out of the woods but it does get better

It’s been 2 weeks and a day since my last baclofen. Now, for the past 2 nights, after I take my diazepam, I start getting anxious and heart palpitations. Can’t get to sleep. Baclofen is very powerful. I only took it for 2 weeks. I take 8.125mgs of diazepam since February. So is this effect still from the baclofen? Will it go away? Very scary!

Ok so you rapidly switched then ? Technically you haven’t CT K as V is it’s equivalent reflecting in your V dose

But a more steady crossover is normally done.

As needed? Did you skip doses ?

I dropped 10mg Baclofen in one go but it timed with acute V withdrawals also. Unfortunately what you’re doing sounds like classic benzo

Sorry you have this ! I’m not out of the woods but it does get better

Ocean,

Thank you so much for the encouragement!  Yup, just as you described.  Ran out of K., used baclofen to get me through a few days of withdrawls, figured out that the baclofen was acting as a GABA drug, saw an MD, got immediately transferred onto 10mg V. So, no baclofen or K. taper.  It's been almost 6 weeks since that happened. Just on the V. now.  9 mg.  Initial cut has been cut and hold, but not how I want to proceed going forward. Reading about various microtapering methods and trying to decide which to try.