Fungal problems

[2c...]

[2c...]

I’ve always been prone to fungal infections. Before benzos and after.

I’ve had fungus in my lungs, fungus in my sinuses/ears, on my skin and scalp .. and the dreaded vaginal Candida.

I have been suffering candidiasis since October and it’s not going away.

I was on antifungals for almost a year for the infection in my lungs 2019/2020. Wasn’t fun but had to be done.

Now I’m back to having to take Fluconazole once daily😩

I’ve tried probiotics. Going on the Candida diet in the past. Nothing helped.

Does anyone here have a secret to help keep these things from happening?! 

Most of my sugars are natural sugars from fruits. I don’t even use sugar in my coffee.

I eat mostly plant based. But I do have dairy like cheese and sour cream.

But this has been a problem for many years. My doctors are so used to just sending in the script for antifungals. There’s gotta be something I’m missing lol . It’s not just Candida. I get so many different fungal infections.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I know that candida die off can seriously aggravate your benzo journey.

I had fungal issues here and there ever since I was out of all these medications and I stopped eating healthy. There begin to clear up with the changes I've made and the cessation of drugs, alcohol and smoking. You said that you had them prior to benzo? Have you had your immune system, hormones and blood sugar checked as well? How's your diet and what drugs/supplements do you ingest? Have you tried a fungal protocol?

I'm SURE you're doing everything you can and I wish I had more answers.

[2c...]
I’ve tried it all, plus had my sugar checked and hormones.  But there was one test they didn’t understand my results and it was my t-cells were low. Nothing ever came of it after it was ran tho. But I’ve tried the diets, supplements ( when I was able to), and I’ve been on and off of anti fungals for years. I can’t ever make sense of it.  :( Benzos definitely made it worse tho.

Extra virgin coconut oil is extremely helpful for fungus. It kills them, it has a molecule that disintegrates the fungus cells. At the same time, it has a lot of health benefits and it is very good for skin (it hydrates/moisturizes it, and it improves the quality of the skin). You can use both on skin and also eat it and use it for cooking. I'm sure I have fungus in my beard (although a doctor said not, but I have proof, and we know doctors are many times so wrong), I've applied coconut oil on it, and everytime I do that, the skin under my beard peels off A LOT (like when you get burnt in summer when sunbathing, or like when a snake sheds its skin) and in the pieces of peeled skin I can see some brown sand-like stains in the interior surface, it must be the fungus. But I also have a lot of burning nerve sensations when I apply it because the fungus die and as they are glued to the nerves under the skin it hurts, before benzos it was not an issue but now on taper while on withdrawal as my CNS is hyperexcitable the nerve burning is so intense that I've stopped using it for now. All of this only happens on my beard, if I put the cocunut oil on different places of my face or body I don't get any side effects (no peeling off or burning nerves), just better skin. It also heals from the inside if you eat it, same as fungus medications do (but without the side effects), although you need a lot and be constant. I cannot eat it because I have very bad stomach issues from the benzos (my worst symptom since I hit tolerance for first time) and I don't tolerate fats. But didn't have any problem eating it before benzos. I just didn't persevere and wasn't constant before benzos so I never cured it.

Vinegar does the same, I tried it on my beard and the same happened. But I don't want to put something so acidic on my skin, it will destroy it, that's why I swapped it to coconut oil, which is very good for skin and it's into a lot of cosmetic products.

My fungus problem started on my feet because I was so stupid of putting the mop bucket inside my bathtub to fill it everytime, and I got an infection on my feet from that, and as after washing my feet when showering I always rub my face with my hands, I infected my beard  ::) After one week or two of keeping my feet on a bucket with a mix of vinegar and water for like 10 minutes a day, I got rid of them on my feet. It's the ones on the beard remaining.

Try a combination of garlic with lifeway kefir, i take it plain one cup a day( or any other probiotic with live cultures, for some reason this kefir has worked the best for me though), it took care of all my persistent yeast/ fungal issues. Just make sure you eat both every day for a while until things get easier, and im sure you are eating healthy otherwise, lots of veggies etc? It's all our diet and stress caused by benzos..

[2c...]

Thank you both!

I’m going to give these things a try!

I have coconut oil and garlic.

I actually take ACV every night in my tea to help keep my acne away, so maybe combining everything together will help more.

And yeah  my main source of food is veggies. My body hasn’t been able to break down meat and digest too well.

Thanks again☺️