Crossover advice appreciated

[Le...]

I was taking 2 mg of Klonopin four times a day before being forced to go cold turkey for approximately two weeks. After that my new psychiatrist put me back on .5 mg Klonopin twice a day. It’s been excruciating. I see her tomorrow and was considering bringing up the Ashton Manuel’s plan to switch over to Valium. Is this something you would recommend? The 50% at a time taper from K is killing me. I printed out the taper with substitution from 1.5 mg K. My hope is to slow the taper. Any advice would be appreciated.

[cf...]
You can do a slow taper using klonopin or valium or just about any benzo.  Ashton liked to cross her patients over to valium.  I think it was simply to minimize the fluctuation of drug in the bloodstream throughout the day.  These days, a lot of people simply taper with the drug they're currently on, and dose 2-3-4 times a day (depending on the half-life of the benzo) to maintain a steady blood level.  It eliminates the time and uncertainty of doing a cross-over.  Also - valium seems to make a lot of people feel really drugged.