Horrible Depression, what RX drug works while in withdrawals

[jl...]

I have been off xanax for about 6 weeks after a 18 months taper..I had 3 years of tolerance withdrawal with severe depression and other symptoms.  But the depression and inability to fall asleep is about as bad as it could get and it persist The depression is severe.  What rx drugs are okay to take while in benzo withdrawal for depression  I know some are not recommended and others are not too bad for some  But I can hardly read because of inability to concentrate, So can anyone tell me what others are saying works for their depression and also something that helps sleep.

I have no support from anyone, I am in a chronic state of fatigue and sleepiness but can't sleep and horrible depression.  I don't see how anyone can possibly work while going through severe withdrawals.

I wonder if I will ever be well.  I was sick with fatigue and depression before I even tried benzos now it is even worse.  This has to let up soon

It sounds like you're smack dab in the middle of the acute withdrawal stage, I know things look bleak right now, have you read this post? Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

I'd feel more comfortable if you spoke with your Dr about your situation then if they offered a drug for what you're describing it would be better to then ask the community what they think, what their experience is with that particular antidepressant. 

I know many members go on A/D's during withdrawal with different results, each of us are so different as well as our circumstances so it's tough to make a general recommendation.

I'd be very careful with adding an AD at this stage, your CNS will be very sensitive especially in acute. Obviously it's something you need to decide for yourself and discuss with a doctor. But just be aware that not many doctors understand how sensitive we can be. I tried what I thought was a low dose of an AD (it wasn't) on a doctor's recommendation and it didn't go well.

Some people do have success with them, just thought I'd mention it as it's difficult to think clearly I know, and sometimes we are so desperate we jump in to things without thinking it through properly

• 2 weeks later...
I am also seeking information on antidepressant use during a taper. My fiance is very depressed and very paranoid. He thinks he has done something bad where he will be taken away from me.