Coming off Cloazepam, glad to be here.

[Me...]

Hi, I took my last dose of clonazepam Wednesday night (Feb 24th, 2021). I was taking up to 3 milligrams a day, but was on .25 a day for the last few months. So far I’m ok. I’m looking forward to sharing and hearing other people’s experiences. I read about this site in an article from ABC news,  “Tranquilizer Detox Withdrawal Can Last Years,”  from Nov. 28, 2008. I don’t know what the next few days or weeks are going to bring, let alone months or longer, but I’m glad I found this place.

Hello Melody2, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Did you taper from the .25 dose or did you quit cold turkey?  If it was cold turkey I would advise you to immediately reinstate that dose and hold it for a week or so then begin a slow taper.  Clonazepam withdrawal symptoms typically show up around day 3 so you may begin to feel symptoms and they can be very nasty. 

We suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two depending on symptoms, they should guide you.  You can see the methods we support on this link. Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

If you'd like to connect with others you can start a thread on either the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) or Post-withdrawal Recovery Support  boards since I'm not sure if you're going to stay benzo free or reinstate.

The Ashton Manual is a great resource for understanding what benzo's do to us and chapter 3 will list your symptoms and why you feel them.

Please let us know your status, I'm concerned about you.

Pamster

Hi Pamster, thank tyou for your reply and concern. I started experiencing anxiety today and took a little less than my previous .25 mg dose. I feel better now. I’m planning to call my psychiatrist to get her approval of taking longer to taper. I really appreciate your advice. I would have been much more distressed when I started experiencing the anxiety if I hadn’t known that tapering below .25 was a thing! Thanks! I know I’m in the right place.

I'm so relieved you reinstated, thank you for letting us know.  Yes, please let your Dr know jumping off .25 mgs was too much for you, most of our members taking Clonazepam will taper to .025 before they feel well enough to end the taper.  You may not have to go that low but it's important to let your symptoms guide you, you need to remain functional.

We can help you figure out a taper if you'll start a thread on the taper board located here:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

We have lots of clever ways to get really small reductions to make this as smooth as possible, just let us know how we can help.