Alcohol

[ma...]

Ok guys. I will be 3 weeks post my last dose of Klonopin Friday. It’s been a rough ride at a already stressful time in my life. Why I decided to do it now is beyond me. Regardless the improvement I’ve had now compared to a week ago is dramatic. I didn’t think I would ever feel kidnap again and while I don’t quite yet I bland slot of it on horrid stress at work and minimal sleep. ANYWAY I am getting married Friday. Would it hurt to have a drink at my wedding and maybe one with dinner on our weekend away with no kids? I don’t want to ruin the weekend making things bad again. But so want a drink for my wedding. Just one lol. I’m not a big drinker to begin with I usually only can drink 1-2 and go months without drinking even a drink usually.

Congrats on ur wedding x I hope u will have a lovely day.

You don’t have a signature so we don’t know how long u we’re on kpin for. But I will tell u about my experience of having 1 drink on Xmas day. I had random drinks throughout my taper with no issue. I was really making progress at Xmas time. Was sleeping better finally and all other symptoms were going away. Then I had a drink. 1 drink. I didn’t enjoy it and ever since have been absolutely struggling. Maybe it was just wd catching up with me. Maybe it was the food I ate. But I will always regret that drink, because I have been suffering ever since. I’ll never know how I might be if I didn’t have it. I might be almost healed. Maybe not. But I can tell you one thing for sure, I didn’t even enjoy it, and it wasn’t worth it.

Maybe think about how sorry u will be if it throws u in a hole. It might even make u so sick u can’t enjoy ur honeymoon.

All ur progress might be lost just so u can have a drink. It’s not worth it. Maybe have a tonic water with lime instead? It looks like vodka so no one will be any the wiser that u aren’t drinking.

I had a drink last Tuesday,  was 250ml off frozen baileys with kahlua and Wednesday/Thursday I suffered with head pressure, felt like I had really high blood pressure. Friday I was good,  so Saturday I had around 750ml of frozen baileys and Sunday I had irritability and depression,  ended up walking 28k steps and my legs have been aching all week and a blister on my little toe!

Monday I was fine, but I realise alcohol is out for me. So I'm having a dry March with a focus on exercise and keto diet to keep me busy.

I've learnt my lesson, if I was you I would abstain, it's not worth the suffering. There will be plenty of times in future when you can have a drink and all this is behind you.

Focus on starting your first married day in a good window,  not a terrible wave.

More than likely, it will probably make you feel bad. So it would be up to you if you want to risk it.

Congrats on the wedding though!!! :smitten: