Protracted support group?

[wa...]

I saw a link for protracted support group but doesn't look like I have access.

I took Klonopin for 3 months from May to August, and then experienced really bad withdrawal a month out, re-instated for 1 and a half months at a low dose. Dropped everything in December. I was mostly managing fine, but everything that I experienced during the first withdrawal just showed up again about 1 month ago (after 3 months of being off Klonopin). Extreme burning, insomnia, and can't stop pacing. Looking for others to talk to who are experiencing something similar. This is the worst experience of my life, and not knowing when it'll end is extremely scary.

I saw a link for protracted support group but doesn't look like I have access.

I took Klonopin for 3 months from May to August, and then experienced really bad withdrawal a month out, re-instated for 1 and a half months at a low dose. Dropped everything in December. I was mostly managing fine, but everything that I experienced during the first withdrawal just showed up again about 1 month ago (after 3 months of being off Klonopin). Extreme burning, insomnia, and can't stop pacing. Looking for others to talk to who are experiencing something similar. This is the worst experience of my life, and not knowing when it'll end is extremely scary.

What you are describing is pretty typical of regular benzo withdrawal with waves and windows. Sounds like you are in a wave. I believe most in the protracted group are years upon years and longer. I believe the protracted group is for buddies who are still in severe withdrawal after years. I also believe the moderators have good reason for letting them have their own section and it may not be healthy for you to read what is going on there. That is the flipside of this site. It can be very helpful but when we are in withdrawal the horror stories can really mess us up. Reading success stories can be more helpful. Again, what you are experiencing is very typical and you will not be hard pressed to find people here to relate to without going into the protracted section. I paced for months after withdrawal. Then I hit a phase where I was in a weird muscle failure and still had the need to pace but could not walk and basically just sat there vibrating inside. The leg weakness lasted a year. I am off for 2 years and 2 months now. I am mostly better but still get waves that knock me on my ass. We can all relate to how this is the worst experience of your life because it is for us too. I know how much it sucks to be where you are now. I have been there. It is hell and I am not sure whether that is even figurative. Hang in there. I thought it would never end. Slowly it does. I am symptom free right now. Next week I may have some minor symptoms return but the farther out I get the less intense and frequent the waves are.

Jack37 is spot on, the protracted board isn't for you, we'll typically see people begin posting there well past the 2 year mark. 

Thanks all for the replies.

If anyone has similar burning symptoms + insomnia, pacing, etc. please send me a PM, it'd be good to connect and share notes.

The warm shower is something I have been doing that turns the burn more into an itch temporarily. I need to try it more often.

Thanks all for the replies.

If anyone has similar burning symptoms + insomnia, pacing, etc. please send me a PM, it'd be good to connect and share notes.

The warm shower is something I have been doing that turns the burn more into an itch temporarily. I need to try it more often.

What would be better than using the PM system would be to start a thread on this board listing your troubling symptoms, then others will stop by to commiserate or offer tips for how they cope.  The PM system if basically for fun and chit chat, support is for the open forum, that way everyone can benefit from the discussion.  :thumbsup:

The symptoms you have are common.

If you go to the home page and then search fir them in the search box you will see.