Tunnel Vision

[dj...]

I was seeing if anyone here could relate to this.  I believe this is all related to the brain fog, DR, and cognitive difficulties, but I literally have no idea what’s going on except what’s right in front of me.  Out of site, out of mind.  Even from a sensory perspective, if something isn’t in my immediate view or surroundings, I can’t process it.  Like my kids fighting in another room.  I technically hear it but don’t really process it.  I just feel disoriented. 

Anyone else have this?  How long does it take to go away?

[e7...]
This seems to be something a lot of us dealt with in the earlier stages of WD. It took several months for this to pass for me, but it does pass. It gets better.

[0e...]
I had this sometimes things would smell like ammonia other times did a weird smell like magic markers. This was right after my nuts swollen. while we were in Oklahoma. Also terrible eye pain and light sensitivity.

Thanks for the response.  I’m sure anyone dealing with DR, brain fog and cognitive issues has it to some degree. 

I just want to be more functional and all this is really plaguing me.  Just feel disoriented all the time.  I’m not even done with my taper (at 1.25mg Valium) but I was an idiot and went from .5mg to .25mg of Klonopin in November and think I basically threw myself into some sort of semi-acute withdrawal.  The subsequent reductions haven’t made things too much worse.  Most symptoms have been about the same since then (some better) but the cognitive stuff keeps getting worse.

[e7...]

I’ve heard similar stories of people having the same thing happen when they drop below 2mg.  I’m not very insightful with tapering since I was taken off mine abruptly by a doctor  :(

I do know what you’re feeling though, my tunnel vision kicked in when I was driving. It was scary. Then I had the DR to follow it. It’s one of the frustrating symptoms. My tunnel vision disappeared before my brain fog did .