Burning Skin - 3 months off

[wa...]

I jumped from Klonopin 3 months ago. I'm also taking Lexapro and have been tapering that for the last 3 months. Recently a month ago, I had a mild stressful event that triggered me to have burning skin. I'm at a loss whether this is related to the Benzo or the Lexapro, or both. It's so painful I'm getting a bit desperate as to what to do. Whether I should take Klonopin to relieve the pain because it's related to Lexapro or whether to go up on the Lexapro because it's related to the benzo and it might help mask the symptoms. Anyone have a similar experience or have any ideas?

[4f...]

Burning skin is a very common withdrawal symptom.  It hits people in different places.  Mine was mostly in my feet, and at times it felt like the skin was being ripped off.  I don't know of anything you can do for it, but it will resolve in time all by itself.

Weird as it may seem, I sometimes would take a hot shower (or go jump into the hot tub).  That really got the burning skin burning, but after a few minutes, it would calm down.  Maybe I'd used up all of the pain transport molecules?

I jumped from Klonopin 3 months ago. I'm also taking Lexapro and have been tapering that for the last 3 months. Recently a month ago, I had a mild stressful event that triggered me to have burning skin. I'm at a loss whether this is related to the Benzo or the Lexapro, or both. It's so painful I'm getting a bit desperate as to what to do. Whether I should take Klonopin to relieve the pain because it's related to Lexapro or whether to go up on the Lexapro because it's related to the benzo and it might help mask the symptoms. Anyone have a similar experience or have any ideas?

I'm brutally struggling with this too right now.

[4f...]
I suppose everybody takes some kind of supplement, but I didn't take many.  A little Metamucil for constipation.  An occasional multi-vitamin.  And I'd often smoke a bowl to help me sleep at night (if that qualifies as a 'supplement').

No real supplements for me. Vitamin E + Fish oil. I know when it all started because it was a stressful event that triggered the burning again. And then I had a couple more stressful events over the next few weeks that put me back into full blown withdrawal it feels like. Insomnia, pacing / can't sit still, burning skin.

[4f...]
Yeah, the withdrawal anxiety is bad enough.  When something causes us to add our own anxiety, symptoms often get worse.  I hope whatever that stressor was will resolve soon so you can put it behind you and get rid of that burning feeling.

Okay so no melatonin or B complex with your multivitamin?

I ask because before any of this benzo stuff I had burning, tingling, pin pricks... and it was because of B6 toxicity diagnosed by neurologist. So just a reminder that B6 in large amounts can actually build up in your system and cause damage.

PS lots of melatonin have high amounts of B6.

I definitely know it can come from, tapering Klonopin as well as just being on it.  It is very painful and miserable. 

I take 1mg melatonin before bed, should I stop?

Other than that, just vitamin e and fish oil, I've cut everything else possible.

Does the melatonin have B6 in it? Also why are you taking Vitamin E, do you have a deficiency?

Just be careful with supplements.

I def had burning for awhile....don't be surprised if your body trades it out later for an icy cold drippy feeling..kind of like liquid menthol is running thru you. It sounds odd - don't get freaked out. Its better than the burning.

what you're experiencing is normal. I'm so sorry. But guess what - burning is basically gone now... ;)