Anyone experience phantom smells?

[Mm...]

I recently got hit by a big wave after only having minor protracted withdrawals the last 2-3 months. It first started feeling just brain buzzed and minor anxiety, but I could smell cooked onions but there was no source to the smell. The next day I felt awful, confused, stressed, and dread. And I could still smell the cooked onion smells the last two days. And when the smell kicks in, my head just zoned out for a moment.

I get flashes of burning sometimes when falling asleep, wakes me up with a jolt of panic (that's great). You can hallucinate from all your senses, not just sight. I think it's fairly common, and like everything else will pass

I've been getting phantom smells for years, but its not due to benzos, though I wonder if the z drugs have anything to do with it.

I'm not even sure what the smell is, like a decaying kind of smell,  I end up pulling my nose about until it goes but it comes back quite often.  Just got it this morning. Can go for months then come back.

It's never actually worried me, just annoying.

I had a phantom smell during acute for like 4 months.

It smelled like a musty basement just randomly.

I don't even have a basement! It was really strong and I would ask those around me if they smelled it ....nope

Of all the wd symptoms, this is the funniest at least

[da...]
I’m two years out and just started smelling weird things.  Nobody else can smell it but me.  I didn’t know this was a thing in WD! Someone else told me today it’s considered phantom smells.

• 3 months later...