CT by Accident from LT Klonopin Use

[vi...]

So as I shared in a previous post, I did an "accidental" CT of Klonopin .5 mg for 10+ years for sleep most nights. I went 3 weeks with major depression and then had a panic attack. Took two .5 mg. Then another week with nothing until another panic attack. Went back on .25 for a week, then down to .125 the following week. Then went off completely two weeks after. Now on day 8 with none. I am experiencing anxiety, depression, derealization, dizziness, etc. Is all of this normal 8 days in?!

Reinstate and taper if you want my advice. You'll "probably" have a smoother ride, especially after 10 years use

But should add there's also a risk involved there.

I'm seeing my MD this am, so hoping to talk to her about reinstating and tapering more slowly.

For those of you who replied...doesn't this seem a bit ridiculous considering the fact that I was only on .5 ever?! Struggling with that somehow...

I'm seeing my MD this am, so hoping to talk to her about reinstating and tapering more slowly.

For those of you who replied...doesn't this seem a bit ridiculous considering the fact that I was only on .5 ever?! Struggling with that somehow...

I think 0.5mg K is around 8mg Valium?? If so that's not a low dose, I CT'd of 10mg. Plus 10 years use will mean your body is dependant on it. A slow taper would definitely be a better choice IMO.

I want to thank those of you who respond. I just left my md office & she has me back on to start a SLOW taper. She said "We have to get you functioning." I was so relieved when I realized she wasn't going to stop writing the script and would support me in a slow taper. She has me taking a loading dose (.25 now & .25 at bed) today, and then starting tomorrow, just .25 at bedtime. She believes I'll stay on that for at least 2 weeks, but says no hurry.

I am so relieved I swear I felt better right when I walked out of her office.

I'll keep updating on here as to how the slow taper goes.

Thank you again in letting me know it was okay to do this...

V

So far the .25 has helped some. Hoping that this evenings .25 really does the trick.

Thank you all for the support.

Being back on the 1/2 dose has definitely helped with the physical symptoms, and some with mental symptoms. But I still feel extremely anxious in the mornings. I also have a LT relationship ending, so I'm sure that contributes.

It will probably take you a few weeks to stabilize. Perhaps you should reinstate to full dose for a while, let you CNS settle before tapering. A 1/2 dose reduction is a big starting point. Hopefully 1 of the mods will give you some input

I thought it would be instant:( The physical sx have been pretty good, but again mental difficult. I guess it's because I always thought this stuff was out of my system by the time I took it the next evening...

I was only on .5 for 20 years.  It's not actually a small dose, although I was always told it was by my prescribing doctor.  It's equal to 5 mg. of valium and more potent.  I was ct'd a year ago and have been bedridden and have no quality of life.

So I've been back on my .25 for 6 nights. I just want to say that while things are not perfect, I am seeing improvement. Some of it, of course, could be that the Prozac & Buspar are starting to do their thing. But the GOOD NEWS is my sleep has been great now the past 2 nights, so I'm very excited and grateful for that. Still anxious/depressed in the mornings, but getting by.

Just wanted to post an update for those of you who had responded & again express how grateful I am that I followed your (and my MD's) advice:)

Vanessa

I have posted a new thread under "Hope." Amazed at how much better it is tapering the right way. I had not had any experience with withdrawal before so  I was clueless. So important to do things the right way. Amazing how much difference two weeks can make...