Burning Brain Recovery?

[Ga...]

It appears that there are many BBs who have suffered with or are suffering with “burning brain” symptoms.  I am curious as to whether this is a symptom that will eventually fade away.  It is my worst and longest symptom, so looking for some hope!  Thank you :thumbsup:

Please explain this symptom...is this a form of agitation or does the brain literally feel like its on fire???  Like a fever??

It is in the very top of my head and it feels hot with tingling and stabbing.  I used to have the band around the head type of headache but that has been replaced with the burning sensation.  My neurologist says it is because the nerve endings under the scalp are trying to regenerate!  It is painful and very unnerving!  Do you suffer with this, too?  If you type in burning brain in the search bar you will see that quite a few BBs have it.  I am hoping to get some positive responses as to the healing!

[b6...]

I had this feeling for the first several months.  I sometimes get the burning sensation in waves but nothing like it used to be.

My doctor said it was the nerves too.  :)

yes I had a very severe case of this burning brain. the symptom immediately appeared when I switched over from Xanax to Valium. :tickedoff: it was very disturbing but it has lessened as the months turned into a year. now I accept it when it appears but its strength has greatly diminished!!! :smitten: