2 months off and scared...

[Mi...]

I’m 2 months off k and I’m scared these thoughts about the people I love will never go away. I feel crazy obsessed with my thoughts. And when I don’t have the thoughts I feel weird. I’m also constantly nitpicking people and I hate it. Is this normal at 2 months ?

[3e...]
I'm 10 months off and the thoughts didn't start until about 5 to 6 months out. But I'm the same. I worry I'm going to keep thinking the same things forever and this is it for me.

These thoughts will go away but you can actively participate in muting them while you're still recovering, this means not giving them power to rule your days.  Yes, this process has us obsessing about everything negative in our lives but we can counter these thoughts, we may be powerless to their origination but we're not powerless in how we react to them.

Every time you feel annoyance, stop and assess where it's coming from, the benzo's lie to us so take that lie and discard it, don't give it any validity.  This process makes us flat line, we can't connect to anyone and even ourselves but this is temporary so instead of worrying that you'll never regain love for yourself or others just ride it out and accept that this is temporary and your love for everything will return when you recover.

You're still really early in recovery, it won't be like this forever but you can help yourself by accepting that this isn't you and won't be you when you recover.  Don't make any life changing decisions while going through this, your judgement isn't the best right now, just lay low if you can. 

This thread is about the lies benzo's tell us.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=87594.0

Don't despair if your thread isn't answered straightaway. People do care!

I understand that you're scared but everything you're saying is completely normal at 2 months off, including the feeling that it will last forever. Everybody has that thought at some stage of this process, it would be weird if you didn't.

So try not to worry too much and try to focus on what you need to do in this present moment. If all you can do is hold on, then hold on. Take some deep breaths and affirm to yourself that you're strong enough to get to this point and you'll be strong enough to get through this. Run a bath if it might help. Those uncomfortable thoughts are chemical in origin. You can choose not to give them more power by ignoring the overly negative ones. It won't stop straightaway but if you can get used to the thought "this will last forever" popping into your mind but not analysing it, not paying it any further mind, eventually it will stop popping into your head.

[3e...]
I wanted to add that I didn't want to scare you because of my situation. We're all different. You might recover next week or next month for all you know. Keep going.