When to cut by how you feel

[Ki...]

Hi all

I wondering do people wait until or symptoms go before cutting. Or do people still have some symptoms but not major maybe more mental.

Wondering when to cut

Most members will wait until they're stable before reducing again.  Stable doesn't mean feeling great, it means you're functional and the thought of cutting your dose doesn't send you into a panic.  It helps if you keep a record of how you're feeling and how much you reduce to help you make future reduction decisions.

Hi, Thanks again for the information.

I have a question about splitting doses.

I'm currently taking my doses 3 times a day. Which I'm finding if can't sleep hitting withdrawal when need to try sleep if up all hours

I'm wondering if I keep on my current dose spilt into 4x a day

Will my body adjust to small doses spread out of still taking my current daily dose?.

Kind regards

Hi, Thanks again for the information.

I have a question about splitting doses.

I'm currently taking my doses 3 times a day. Which I'm finding if can't sleep hitting withdrawal when need to try sleep if up all hours

I'm wondering if I keep on my current dose spilt into 4x a day

Will my body adjust to small doses spread out of still taking my current daily dose?.

Kind regards

I'm a little unclear what you mean by the sentence I've put in bold.

I'm not sure what drug you're taking but we have many members who take the medication 4 times a day but I really hate to see anymore than that, some will set their alarm to take it, not good.

Your body will adjust to taking 4 doses but a lesser amount taken at bedtime could effect your sleep.

It would be great if you could put your medication history into your signature so we can help you, here are the instructions.  Add your history/signature 

Hi sorry.

Struggling to think write etc

I meant if I can sleep after taking last dose for the day and I don't sleep 5-6 hours after withdrawal ramps up and I have to wait another 6 hours to take morning dose.

I wouldn't plan to set alarms to wake up if getting sleep I was thinking 4 dose ls 5 hours apart.

Thanks for adding your signature and no worries about not being able to write well, the forum is full of people in pain suffering with cognitive challenges, we get it.

Tapers are individualized because we're all so different so do what you need to do to tailor yours to your needs.  The trouble with this is it requires experimentation which can be unpleasant when your body has to adapt but it's the only way to find what works.

Let us know how it goes when you split your doses.  Are you using a pill cutter?

Hi

I'm using a nail file and scales.

I don't know exactly how many mg I down too. I'm going by the weight of each pill which I've been cutting total daily weight by 10%. When I cut.

I just made a cut each dose is now 100g on my scales full pill 150g

I'm going to see how tonight goes before deciding on changing from 3-4 doses a day or to go back to 110g a dose as last night had new symptoms burning tingling face, tight chest  intrusive thoughts from past triggered those symtoms.

Today isn't as bad so far on a 100 so ill see what tonight is like and if I stay at this dose and frequency 

Your taper sounds awfully fast, but I don't understand weighing doses, would you mind if I called in someone who does know this process much better than I? 

Your dose is so high I have to figure your doctor has you on a high dose for a reason.

Therefore it would be wise for you to discuss your tapering with your doctor.

However if you want some advice we need to better understand how fast you're tapering.

How many of your pills do you need to take to get 2 mg per day?

What is the weight of one of your pills?

How much are you currently taking per day?

How many days have you been tapering?

Thank you for explaining your situation to us and please don't worry you've overshared, it helps us help you. 

I'll let Bob7 look at your taper method to offer any suggestions he might have but I wanted you to know that we'll support your desire to be benzo free because you're right, if we lose track of our baseline by taking so many drugs to mask it how can we know if we've made any progress and if they're truly helping or perhaps hurting?

Kiwi22,

After reading all your posts, I think I can say some positive and hopeful things.

First, let me summarize my understand of your background and your taper so far.

(1) You are a long term user of benzos with the last few years a rather high dose

(2) In the last 2 months, you reduced as follows:

-Started at 4 pills weighing 0.15 grams each, total of 0.6 grams

-In two months, cut the pills so you are now at 3 doses of 0.1 grams each, total of 0.3 grams

For most people, when they were on a relatively large dose, they can take large reductions at first.  So even though your have reduced remarkably fast, I am not surprised you are doing ok.  It is like your body was swimming in excess benzo so it doesn't miss the initial reductions.

In future, I like your plan. Reduce by symptoms.  Make a reduction of perhaps 5 or 10% and then wait at least one or two weeks.  Then consider your body.  Are the withdrawals tolerable?  If so, then your are ready for another reduction.

Bob

Hi

Thank you, so you saw my reply before I deleted it?.

I had no reply and was anxious and deleted it. Are you still able to see it?.

As I can hardly remember now what wrote if Bob wants to see

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I just wrote a long reply and sent but was signed out during it so it's gone  I'll reply tomorrow was hard writing it can't do right now again.

Oh I will say I never saw that you replied to my message about using powder in gel capsules. Thank you for info I can look into that when time comes.

So thank you and sorry I didn't answer.

Can I message you directly tomorrow?

Can I message you directly tomorrow?

We prefer taper discussions stay on the open forum, that way everyone can learn from the information provided, it helps the next person.  I'm sorry you lost your reply, that's happened to me too.  Sometimes you can use the back arrow on the upper left of your window to retrieve posts but doubt that would have helped you if you weren't logged in at the time.