Taking Wellbutrin 150mg - Is that okay with w/d

[Ha...]

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for your posts.

I have a question and hoping someone may be able to help.

I'm taking two meds now - Wellbutrin XL 150mg and birth control Junel Fe.

I'm worried that these could affect my withdrawal or the GABA receptors healing. Does anyone have any information about this? Thank you so much in advance.

I’m not sure it will affect healing (works on norepinephrine and dopamine).  I’m honestly shocked that you can tolerate it.  It causes anxiety in a lot of “normal people” with no history of anxiety/panic disorder.  More power to you. 

That's a lot of Wellbutrin, Happy. What are you taking it for? I took it at 75 mgs a few years ago and couldn't tolerate it. The nausea was too bad. Also, it did nothing for my depression . . . in fact being so nauseated made me even more depressed. I decided along the way to just say no to ADs and anti-anxiety drugs after 11 miserable years of trying just about everything. My depression is really not that bad. And I have a handle on my anxiety, thanks to therapy.

Best to you,

Katz

Thanks so much for these thoughts. I don't have any real side effects so far, so I will probably stay on it. I've heard it's "activating," but it doesn't seem to bother me too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also a taking bupropion 150 XR. I am on 2 mg. of Valium. Next 1 mg. and Off soon.

I too am staying on this until I recover from the Valium and then I will try to get off the bupropion.

I hope you are doing well.

HopeFull01