Trouble stabilizing to begin taper of Klonopin

[Xa...]

Currently been off of Xanax 1mg daily as needed for over 1 week. Still taking klonopin 2-3mg /day. I feel like I don’t have control of over when I get to sleep. Almost like someone else is in the drivers seat, and I’m in the passengers leaning over with just a fingertip on the wheel while the driver(in this case benzos) has the majority of control. I can not for the life of me establish a regular schedule.

For example, say I went to bed at 10pm on a Saturday night and wake up at 8am the following Sunday. Sunday night I notice extreme increases in anxiety and restlessness(Constant pacing around apt). Almost like my mind is just straight up telling me “nope, you can try, sleeps not happening tonight. I lay there for hours with my eyes shut unable to even feel at rest. By the time 8am-9am on Monday comes around, my mind and body is usually so exhausted I’ll fall asleep but I can tell it’s not the normal sleep. I’ll then usually wake up around 4-6pm and the process repeats itself.

I am currently taking vyvanse 60mg in the morning along with zoloft 150mg and 1mg of klonopin. Then 1-2mg of klonopin throughout rest of day/until I can sleep next.

In simplified terms, the normal person you could say is used to let’s say being up 14-16 hrs per day and sleeping 8-10hrs. We will say 16hrs up and 8hrs sleep (16/8) as this is the scientific recommended amount of sleep. Mine looks more like 20-30hrs awake and then 10-12 hrs of sleep. (30/10). I’ve calculated I’m averaging roughly 65% of the sleep my body needs at an inconsistent pace. I’m doing my best to dose at the same time every day, but as you can imagine, the sleep issue really complicated it. And the last thing I want to do is take more benzos so I can fall asleep. I’ve been going on like this for a few months now and would really appreciate any advice from anyone whose ever experienced anything similar or anyone at all!!

Thank you all so much in advance, I’m new to this forum and to understanding how deep I’m in it with the benzos. I’ve gained an incredible amount of knowledge and some small amount of hope and self confidence that I haven’t seen emerge in years.

I hope others chime in here with more benzo wisdom than I have. I'll just say, it sounds like your circadian rhythm is off. I take low-dose melatonin in liquid form; they sell it at the grocery store sometimes or on Amazon (I like the Whole Foods 365 brand version; they all taste like fake berry candy). With the liquid form you can get a low dose; some people like me get really sick on the usual 1-10mg people are taking. I take 3-5 drops, which is 0.3-0.5mg of melatonin, at 8pm, every single night. After five months I have good momentum and I get tired even before I take it; but when I was a real mess, melatonin was the ticket to get my rhythm back on track. Try it if you can; don't expect magic, but it will draw you back to a better daily sleep cycle.

Also, practice good sleep hygiene if you aren't already. Dark room. Quiet or noise machine. Heavy blankets. Cool temperature (or whatever you like). And TRY to get to bed at the same time daily. Get those Zzz. I hope this helps!!  :smitten: