33 Months today, Just wanted to pop in:)

[ne...]

Hey Buddies,

Just wanted to pop in since its my 33 month post jump. Things are still going well, working two jobs (that I love) and just living life as usual. Obviously I had to adjust to the new me after this whole ordeal, but things are still going good and life is moving forward as I hoped.

I still have some bad mornings (usually excited by my sleep pattern or dreams) but overall, thats about as bad as it gets now. And I would like say that morning anxiety was why I was put on benzos in the first place. So that, to me is just something I have always had and have now learned to deal with. I feel for all of you going through this and think about everyone suffering very often. Even though I have moved on with my life, this ordeal is something that never gets blocked out. But honestly, I think about and it makes me happy I made it through and learned a lot about myself, my body, and my mind in the process. Stay strong everyone, with time (I know thats hard to hear) it will get better.

* For Reference - I was on benzos for 7 1/2 years and it took about 1.5-2 Years for most symptoms to subside after post jump (not to scare anyone, this is just how long it took for me to get 95% better).

Thanks new life. Glad to know you are able to live life and moved beyond symptoms. Also appreciate hearing your time frame. At the beginning of my time off benzos I would not have wanted to imagine recovery might take 2 years. Now I'd be grateful if that's as long as it takes. I'm 13 months medication free. Just knowing that recovery Isa viable option is very heartening. So thank you again for your message. Sarah, nz

Just awesome success story!! Your story and others like yours need to be told to give those behind us HOPE!@ 

I 100% agree with you that "Even though I have moved on with my life, this ordeal is something that never gets blocked out. But honestly, I think about and it makes me happy I made it through and learned a lot about myself, my body, and my mind in the process. Stay strong everyone, with time (I know thats hard to hear) it will get better." TIME is the healer but so true we need to learn to listen to our mind and body. Take care of them! Learn healthy habits like putting your fears or intrusive thoughts in their place.

I am almost 24 months and I learned as you so eloquently said we learned about ourselves....Good luck and God Bless!

J

This is just so awesome, Newlife. I enjoyed reading it. You've had quite a go at it but here you are still going strong. Congrats to you. Keep it up. Hugs