Hives

[Se...]

I'm kind of lost at what to do here.  I read somewhere not to take antihistamines, but I'm breaking out in hives.  I've tried calling a few numbers for help and nobody will help me unless I'm abusing meds.  If anyone's out there and awake, is benadryl okay?

I believe I'm 3 weeks benzo free at this point.  I'm not even sure.  Took as needed for postpartum anxiety.  Maybe once or twice every couple of weeks for a few months.  .25 xanax (doctor raised to .5 but I'm trying to get off these)

My last dose I believe was .125 mg.  I didn't do a real taper, because I haven't been on them too long and only took the .25.

Should I take 0.0625, or keep riding this one out?  My body is so itchy and I need help please.

Hi- I suffered from hives during withdrawal and took Benadryl- it gave me quite a bit of relief. I took the children’s chewable dose, which is 1/2 an adult dose.

It looks like you basically tapered your Xanax at 50%, which should have been a slower taper, but your off it now for 3 weeks. I would personally not reinstate if you are 3 weeks off unless the withdrawal symptoms become unmanageable . You know your tolerance for what you are experiencing. If you can ride this out without complete misery, I would- but that is just my opinion. Missy