How long to feel taper

[Re...]

My Dr.tapered me 2 mg this time And I did pretty good until the 7th day. I feel anxious and don’t like how I am feeling. I think my body does better with one mg taper at a time.Does this feeling go away or should I up it back up 1mg?

Hi Redbird,

2mg cut of diazepam is a lot. The 1mg cuts are hard enough. I would ask your doctor to slow it back to 1mg especially as the lower your dose the bigger a percentage of your dose even a 1mg cut is. This is something that caught me out when I reached lower doses. If I had it to do again I would slow down at around 6-7mg to 0.5mg cuts.

The symptoms from your last cut will improve. I would be minded to not updose as you've already done over a week with it but maybe give yourself a break and hold for a bit when your next cut is due to give your body time to catch up.

I hope the symptoms pass quickly. Roxy  :smitten:

I’m not going to do 2mg cuts anymore. My body can’t handle it.I do much better with 1mg a month. He gave me enough to go back up 1 mg if I needed to. I just can’t stand the anxiousness and I do better when I take 8 mg. In the morning. So tomorrow I will do 8 mg in am and 7 at night. I don’t know if this is the best way but my side effects are so much more bearable. I did take a 1 mg about 5 this afternoon.