Spike in your heart rate

[qu...]

Has anyone felt a spike in their heart rate that you immediately have to stop what you are doing and go sit down?

What a scary feeling! How do you cope?

irregular heat beats are quiet common in withdrawal. For me it was helpful to follow what the body wanted. Like you, saying "I have to sit down then" - thats good, do it. Other strategies are walking slowly but in a constant pattern, and slowing breathing in the same pattern. Since we are born to be walkers, the heart beat calms down with the walking. Other have said it helped to meditate or to even jump and exercise, you will find out what is best for you. Keeping the blood sugar stable with meals and healthy food helps a lot, deep breathing in the fresh air... the basics so to speak.

But for now, no need to be afraid. Just hormones out of balance.

irregular heat beats are quiet common in withdrawal. For me it was helpful to follow what the body wanted. Like you, saying "I have to sit down then" - thats good, do it. Other strategies are walking slowly but in a constant pattern, and slowing breathing in the same pattern. Since we are born to be walkers, the heart beat calms down with the walking. Other have said it helped to meditate or to even jump and exercise, you will find out what is best for you. Keeping the blood sugar stable with meals and healthy food helps a lot, deep breathing in the fresh air... the basics so to speak.

But for now, no need to be afraid. Just hormones out of balance.

Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that