Why can't I tolerate sugar? (It gives me severe physical anxiety)

[Ni...]

Hello all, I'm feeling so sad, I can't enjoy a nice dessert with sugar in it or any sweet beverages because the sugar gives me severe physical anxiety that remains for one and a half day atleast. Why is this and what can I do about it? I'm on 23 mg of valium.

Thank you

I don't know why this is. But as for what to do about it, why deny yourself a yummy dessert? There are plenty of sugar-free things to eat. And plenty of sugar-substitute recipes if you cook. Why not investigate the world of sugar-free? (There are many sugar substitutes . . . you just have to start experimenting). I'm a diabetic and haven't eaten sugar in years.

Just a thought.

Katz

I use Stevia, it works fine, but I really just don't eat sugar anymore!

I can maybe get by with a bite of a cookie - that's it.

For me, it's more than just anxiety, my HR jumps to 160!

Winnie

I tried a bucket of Greek styled yogurt which had 3.5 grams of sugar in it, but I've had a different brand of it before and I was okay with it. It didn't taste sweet at all by itself. I added stevia powder to it but the stevia powder was 98% maltodextrin and 2% stevia, and I've read maltodextrin is a type of sugar. The label of the powder said it also contained sugar.

This morning I had moderate to severe physical anxiety due to it with that typical feeling of shortness of breath. So I guess I should order pure stevia syrup online and use that. Does anyone know if maltodextrin is a sugar and does it rev people up?

Thank you.

[bc...]

I'm not sure Nikkitas

But anything that sounds like that, has to be a fake chemical, which may rev up your system

If the greek yougurt is ok, then just put a little fruit in in, like blueberries, peaches or pears.

We use Sweet Leaf stevia, or for larger items like buns or cakes, erythritol - but that is very rarely.

The amount of stevia used is also not equal to sugar, you need way less.

Personally, I just eat a very bland diet.

Winnie

I'm not sure Nikkitas

But anything that sounds like that, has to be a fake chemical, which may rev up your system

If the greek yougurt is ok, then just put a little fruit in in, like blueberries, peaches or pears.

We use Sweet Leaf stevia, or for larger items like buns or cakes, erythritol - but that is very rarely.

The amount of stevia used is also not equal to sugar, you need way less.

Personally, I just eat a very bland diet.

Winnie

Thanks Winnie, but unfortunately I can't tolerate any type of fruit.