Wave Warnings

[Ro...]

Hi guys,

I'm trying to rationalise things that are part of the chaos that is my current mostly bedridden life. I think that I have a wave warning, like a 'tell'. Could that be a thing or am I just clutching at straws again after another 2 sleepless nights?

The thing that i think is my wave warning is the feeling of a strong vice grip on my toes with burning, prickling and stabbing. The worse the incoming wave (all other Ashton symptoms and a few more quickly pile in after) the more acute the pain. A starting whistle? Does anyone else get a sort of wave warning?

What is this poison with a price of hell? I cant even remember it ever doing anything for me. It was just handed out with heaps of other drugs along with chemo for my stage 4 cancer. I cant remember ever getting any benefit from it but to be fair I have blocked out most of that time in my mind. I do remember morphine helping pain and sending me to LaLa land which I was very grateful for at the time. I had that home with me for a year. Pain stopped and so did that - no problems. I don't remember diazepam ever doing anything for me at all but then I could have been worse without it. Not sure. Is there any other drug on the planet with such a poor risk/benefit ratio as valium? What is it with this seemingly innocuous little yellow prescribed pill? In all honesty I cant think of a single thing that it was good for other than the very seldom (happened twice in the past 9 years) times I took extra to go to the dentist. Hardly worth it.

Wishing you all long windows :thumbsup:

You might be on to something and I think it's good you're so aware of the signals your body is sending.  This should serve you well as you continue your taper, you know how we're always preaching to listen to your body when making reductions.  ;)

I can understand your frustration, a lot of drugs were thrown your way to 'help' you get through a rough time and you've ended up in a worse place because of it, you were thrown from the frying pan into the fire and its incredibly unfair.

Thanks Pamster. I have been taking that advice and starting to hold when symptoms are too hard. Patience is not my strong point so I learned the hard way what happens when I go too quickly.

I definitely went from the frying pain to the fire. I can't wait to see the back of this poison but I will get there slowly.  :thumbsup:

Roxy7, I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I think if it's working for you, definitely use those signals!

I see from your sig that you've come so far in your journey. I want to encourage you to trust that your body is healing! Give it the love it needs to keep going!

I laughed about your valium for dentists comment because I squeezed in a major dentist restoration appointment before I began my third klonopin taper; I certainly couldn't have done that work now that I'm in WD.  :-\

I'm wishing you rest-filled nights! Hang in there and keep listening to your amazing body! Doctors be dmned. :smitten:

Hi Slownsteady,

Thank you for the kind wishes. This wave has been a brute and peaked about 23 hours ago when I started this topic. I haven't slept yet but feel like I am about to as I am sliding down the other side of this wave and the intensity of the vice grip on my feet is letting up. I expect tomorrow to be a better day (it's 5am here). My feet are my wave barometer!

I hope that your taper is going well and you are having a good day. Sending good vibes.

Roxy :smitten: