Paradoxical effects with other medications?

[Mu...]

Hello, this one is a weird one... I normally take other prescriptions to help with other health conditions I struggle with. I've yet to see anyone talk about this, is it possible to have paradoxical effects while recovering from benzo damage? I'm taking my regular medication but for the past months now whenever I take it I find myself have these weird effects I know for a fact I shouldn't nor have I ever experienced then prior to benzo recovery such as increased energy or feeling like the pill does literally nothing for me. Another medication I take is Percocet for a car accident I was in two months ago, I've had Percocet in the past and I know it's effects. I took my regular dose and I feel like I drank 20 cups of coffee. Are paradoxical effects normal of other medications within benzo recovery and has anyone had this go away. Its frightening me to the point where I don't even wanna take my regular medication. I'm currently going through C/T of Ativan not by choice. I was having paradoxical effect from the lorazepam first where whenever I took it, about 30 minutes afterwards I felt like my body was super light and my head felt like it was falling. So I noticed I felt better off the lorazepam and decided to cold turkey it which was going fine for me. But now my regular medication is causing unwanted effects and I don't know for sure if this normal or not with benzo withdrawal/recovery.

Your central nervous system is highly sensitized right now so its quite probable your normal reactions to your other medications is different.  This is why many of our members who seek help through supplements run into issues, we don't react as we normally would during this time.  As you recover you should be able to return to your normal state.

I wouldn’t say I get paradoxical reactions per se (like a downer acting as an upper) but other medications and supplements that affect brain activity have made me feel like crap.  I have tried Lexapro and Topamax over the last three months.  I took one dose of each and felt horrible.  Just completely “off” which created a lot of anxiety and it lasted for a few days.  In my case, they seem to make the DPDR a lot worse.  Even something like magnesium makes me really lethargic.  B vitamins rev me up too much.

I’ve tried many psych meds for 20 years and never had reactions like this until benzo withdrawal started. 

I want to thank you all for your reply it's incredibly helpful, I really thought for a while that the pharmacy was giving me fake prescriptions which subconsciously I knew couldn't be the case... I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this and hope to return to a baseline soon...thank you again the both of you for taking the time to answer it means the world :)