What do your adrenaline rushes feel like?

[De...]

Just wondering what others would describe as an adrenaline rush? When I get stressed lately I have this disproportionate physical response of something like electricity buzzing down my arms and legs.  Strangely I do NOT have an increase in heart rate or breathing which is typically described in such an episode.  So is this something else? One time it woke me from sleep at midnight, so I'm guessing this isn't cortisol which is low at that time of day.

Hey dee x

Mine just feel like a rush of pure adrenaline followed by a feeling of impending doom snd super fast heart rate. I just breathe thru it now, I know they won’t hurt me but that doesn’t mean they aren’t scary

Hey Shay, Thanks! Yes I get so caught up in the sheer discomfort of the physical sensations that I can't think of anything else and my thoughts go to how dangerous this must be for my body. I guess I'm so fearful that this whole experience is causing such irreparable harm to my long term health. Time to do more work on acceptance I guess  :tickedoff:

Not as bad lately but definitely the feeling of electricity, body humming, and an inner restlessness. It only happens when I know that I have been pushing myself, which is good. Psychologically, my priority in these moments is to find an outlet for my restlessness. It might be trying to find the right person to talk to (so that I don't say the wrong thing to the wrong person) or it might be something like going for a long walk on my own. I am in control to a degree but aware that I have an excess of energy that needs to be channelled away from anything dangerous.

Used to be that I had full blown mania, so I'm not too concerned by the above.

Not as bad lately but definitely the feeling of electricity, body humming, and an inner restlessness. It only happens when I know that I have been pushing myself, which is good. Psychologically, my priority in these moments is to find an outlet for my restlessness. It might be trying to find the right person to talk to (so that I don't say the wrong thing to the wrong person) or it might be something like going for a long walk on my own. I am in control to a degree but aware that I have an excess of energy that needs to be channelled away from anything dangerous.

Used to be that I had full blown mania, so I'm not too concerned by the above.

This usually happens to me at night, so I've never thought to get up and walk.  But that's a good idea to help dissipate the energy buildup  :thumbsup:

Hey Shay, Thanks! Yes I get so caught up in the sheer discomfort of the physical sensations that I can't think of anything else and my thoughts go to how dangerous this must be for my body. I guess I'm so fearful that this whole experience is causing such irreparable harm to my long term health. Time to do more work on acceptance I guess  :tickedoff:

I had one last night. Horrible x mine happen when I wake up from the little sleep I’m getting. It’s like it’s waking me up or me waking up upsets me then it happens. I don’t know but it sucks big time xx

Just breathe thru them dee x let them pass. I dont accept mine at all but Im not In control of them so I don’t accept I just think ... oh u again. Yep have at it my heart needs a good rev up in the middle of the night 👍🏼😒

I had one last night. Horrible x mine happen when I wake up from the little sleep I’m getting. It’s like it’s waking me up or me waking up upsets me then it happens. I don’t know but it sucks big time xx

Just breathe thru them dee x let them pass. I dont accept mine at all but Im not In control of them so I don’t accept I just think ... oh u again. Yep have at it my heart needs a good rev up in the middle of the night 👍🏼😒

Oh Shay yes I've had them wake me in the middle of the night.  Nothing more distressing than trying to rest and having no control over these sensations.  It is a form of torture I am sure.  I hope you feel better soon. 

I feel heat all over my skin; have a strong desire to escape - sometimes I have to go outside where the sky is higher than my ceilings; difficulty breathing like i am being suffocated; my body goes into fight or flight.  Not really a fun feeling, lol.  This can last for hours and hours. 

It is becoming more tolerable as the months progress. 

Maybe this is what I am feeling this morning....shakiness, buzzing feeling in arms and hands, hot and cold throughout body.  Almost feels like an anxiety attack.  I took a diuretic yesterday and have not felt well since.  Miserable for sure😰

Yes, especially in the morning and the arms and legs business must be adrenaline.  I am at that point too.  Cannot take anything without it impacting me.

28000 steps today, 1hr swimming and a chest workout, then had to go sit in the bar and watch the football with some guys I know,  supping my soda water.

If I'm still like this tomorrow,  could be a record week. Just hope I can sleep tonight.