Is this a good plan

[Su...]

So I put together a Xanax taper plan. I am on 1.5mg per day which I take in 3 doses of .5mg. I have decided to uses

a water solution where I dissolve my daily dose into 300ml of water and then remove 2ml and then devise the dose by three. Then the next I remove 4ml then next day 6ml and so on. This works out to 20% decrease per month. Do you think this is slow enough. I have been on Xanax.5mg three times a day for 5 months. I tried to taper twice by going down .25mg every week but when I would get to .75 or .5mg I would start experiencing racing heart, inner trembling, night time panic attacks. In never suffered from panic attacks so twice I went back up to my original starting dose. Now I learned that I should not have done that but I didn’t know.

Does this seem like a good taper plan? Thank you!

Sounds like a good start to me.. -Slow enough that you can adjust as suits as it unfolds and more info about how YOU respond comes in..

Wishing you well..

:)

Note, -there are ways to do the same but without discarding the cut amount, but thats no biggie to worry about atm.. I like your way as “math safe”..  :)

Your previous attempts ended with the same result because you went too fast so doing it slowly this time is the key to success.  Xanax is so short acting that you should know fairly soon after each reduction if it's too much, pay attention and write down your reactions so you can use them as your guide when it's time to reduce again. 

A 20% reduction seems a bit aggressive to me, I understand you probably want to do this quickly since you were only on the drug 5 months but your body is already dependent so you may not be able to get away with tapering this quickly.

Are you planning to 'dissolve' the pill in alcohol or will you be using another substance?  Just to let you know, Xanax is available in liquid form if you want to ask your Dr for a script.

I plan to dissolve the xanax in 300ml of water and then remove 2ml on the first day and so on.  I have seen it demonstrated on YouTube by several people. Will the liquid prescription work just as well?

Also, If I do the 10% decrease per month instead of 20% would that be more unhealthy since I will have to stay on the drug for so long and therefore have it in my body for a long time? I'm not sure which is best. I really need help. I'm really scared.

I plan to dissolve the xanax in 300ml of water and then remove 2ml on the first day and so on.  I have seen it demonstrated on YouTube by several people. Will the liquid prescription work just as well?

Also, If I do the 10% decrease per month instead of 20% would that be more unhealthy since I will have to stay on the drug for so long and therefore have it in my body for a long time? I'm not sure which is best. I really need help. I'm really scared.

Pls dont be scared Success123... I imagine you got quite the shock when you hit strong symptoms on your earlier attempts, but moving forward now you have a much better plan and resources in hand.. -I see your even learning the right questions quickly.. :)

Your first question: Benzos in water only is kinda like trying to mix an oil in water, it needs a solvent to help or one never knows where the benzo is.. Others here are probs a bit more up to date on whats best, but 3 options are 2ml of alcohol per mg benzo, PG (propylene glycol), and a proper pharmacy liquid medicine.. -oh, I guess there is high fat milk too..

Some people might get away with no solvent, a good shake and a quick dump... -others not so much... I have read that benzos without solvent love to stick to the sides of mixing containers..

As to the 20% per month reduction, thats a personal choice in the end, but it is 10% over 14 days, and at your high dose end (as opposed to low dose), -but Pamster probs didnt mention it for no reason.. If you start off at 10% a month and all goes well, it will probs be much better for body and soul to slowly speed it up with confidence, as opposed to running into more problems straight up (which will cost time anyway).. You will also have more info on your patterns and tapering parameters to assist any changes you make..

A personal thought is that with discontinuation, not stressing or shocking the brain is just as important as avoiding “extra” time on med (within reason)..

Hope that helps a bit.. -Ill leave titration specifics to those that are better versed in it, should you wish to explore that further.. -I only mixed valium for a short time some yrs ago.. -And I suck at math..

:)

Cantfly is so right, you don't need to be afraid because you're preparing yourself with a plan and that is key to success.  You're educating yourself about this process and the more we know, the less we fear so keep on asking questions and get yourself mentally prepared.

Cant said it a little better than I did about the need to go slow, at least with the first reduction, this will give you the opportunity to see how you're going to react with the benefit being easy symptoms vs nasty ones which are more difficult to deal with, this decision will better inform your next reduction.  Tapers are meant to be adjustable because as you taper you're living your life and sometimes lifes demands take precedence over your taper so in order to meet those demands you slow things down so you can take care of business.

The liquid version of Xanax is already prepared so you're getting a professional product without having to make your own and its the real deal.  If you do decide to make your own, I would suggest you look into the methods Cant talked about to ensure you're getting the best results for your efforts. 

Don’t be afraid. I understand your fears as I had them too when I first started. I take the liquid Xanax and it does just fine. I never even had issues crossing over to it in my taper. Strength seemed the same. I mix it with 200ml of water and take 1 ml out a day. It’s less harsh and a little easier on the body, but if you can tolerate the 2ml a day you can try. You will know rather quickly with Xanax on whether or not it’s too fast. Your mind will always want off of it quicker but make sure your body is boss and you are listening to it and your withdrawal symptoms and slowing down if need be. You can do this. Don’t be afraid and just accept the process. Best of luck. You’ve got this!!  :smitten: