Over 8.5 years free

[Fr...]

I almost feel guilty creating a new post just to give an update. I had a dream about benzo buddies and it prompted me to write this. I almost don't know what to say and that is a great thing when it comes to speaking about benzos. I forgot about how long its been since I have been free. I thought it was 10 years ago. But, its only been 8 years and 8 months. Dang! But does it matter? Maybe for a milestone perspective. Many of us measure our lives in milestones when its not necessary. But, it makes us feel good and gives us a sense of accomplishment. And the truth is, when you set the wheels in motion towards recovery, it can come at any time. Even when I was suffering, traveling along the non linear pathway of the roller coaster ride of benzodiazepine withdrawal, I knew that my eventual recovery was just around the corner.

Recovery: Grab onto it, smother it, and embed it into your entire being. I used to read these many success stories over and over again and it helped me tremendously. I dreamed of writing my own story. I wanted it so badly and I never let go of that vision and how it would feel sharing my journey to success. I am sure many of you reading this feel the same.

Its kind of weird thinking about what I went through. I rarely think about it honestly. It was a rough time in my life and I have moved on long ago. I don't even know when I was fully healed. That makes me giggle a little bit. Something that was so consuming to me on a daily basis for almost a year, I completely forgot about. Unless I have a random dream of course.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say that I am still feeling amazing and life is good! For those who need more encouragement, I think my success story is in my signature. I wrote it, I guess 8 years ago?  :):crazy: 

Frontsider,

Wow! I'm so happy you had the dream and it reminded you about BB and your journey to wellness. Our members hold on, like you did, to Success Stories when the going gets rough.

Thanks for this beacon of hope and the words of encouragement, they will go a long way. Withdrawal is also in the rear view mirror for me, that is, except when I'm helping out here on the forum.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thank you for stopping by and sharing this Frontsider. Congratulations to you!  Your story will help and encourage struggling members.  I am so pleased you are doing well.  Feel free to drop by anytime, we need these wonderful success stories.

Wishing you  the best for the future

Magrita :smitten: