Pamster. Need help advice

[be...]

I’m in a fix was on cymbalta 6omgs and 1.75k and worked well in combination 12 years

Like and idiot tapered out the cymbalta and the bottom fell out practically disabled and drs don’t recognize wd as a condition my system won’t take another anti d  so I can’t fill in etc so here I sit with 1.75k and no cym I can’t tell if the horrible sms I’m experiencing are wd from cym or tolerance.

I don’t know where to go from here as I’m not strong mentally or physically.

Bad call dropping cym as I wasn’t doing that badly I just don’t want to end my life over this but it’s serious.    It could be a very long time before I recover from cym drop as it’s an SSnri

It’s left me open to dep anxiety. Can’t do another ad or I would my system won’t I tried a couple and horrible then a horrible wd from it after.

Thought. If I want to do a very slow benzo taper given if I can handle the extra stress

Should I explore going to Valium.  I need easy like drops.  What’s it like crossing over

Is it a bad hard to handle adjustment or is it like a fresh start hitting new areas of the gaba system

I’m really in a bind stopping the c not thinking all I had was k then but don’t wanna die either.

Can you advise since drs have no direction and if I get them too involved it’s the psyche ward and they’ll experiment with ads which will end my journey.

So question the crazy stuff which fits tolerance should I explore the switch to Valium and go slow when the hopes of recovery from cymbalta.    Please help as I’ve backed myself in a corner and no way out

[88...]
Guys on http://www.survivingantidepressants.org have a lot more experience with polydrugging. You could ask there. However if you're already suffering from antidepressant withdrawal, it's probably wiser to not taper benzos at this time. Maybe you'd even need to updose and hold to cover antidepressant withdrawal. I've heard crossover from clonazepam to diazepam is hard, and you don't really need it as clonazepam already has a long half-life.

Can you not reinstate the cym and try to stabilize? You will have to microdose as your CNS is sensitized. I found this out the hard way too, it's only the cym that will work, you will most likely have an adverse reaction to anything else (which I'm guessing you've found out).

Agree with pacenik that the guys over on savingantidepressants are very knowledgeable on this, and would be worth asking there for advice too

I've heard crossover from clonazepam to diazepam is hard, and you don't really need it as clonazepam already has a long half-life.

I've noticed that a lot in here. Strangely, I had the opposite experience, I actually sped up the crossover. My brain felt clearer on Valium, my executive funtioning skillls, already impaired a little by my autism, were wiped out by the Klonopin. I found I functioned better on Valium. I don't misss that d@mned Klonopin. Klonopin is more potent, it has this way of just blunting anything and everything. But that's what can make crossover hard, it is more potent than Valium, and many just can't adjust. I never needed a benzo in the first place, and I was already yoyoing Klonopin doses (.5 here, .25 there) because I hated it that much.

But you are correct in that Klonopin has a long half-life, and many people successfully taper off of it directly. The disadvantage is you can't get it in smaller amounts like Valium, but there are workarounds the OP could try, weighing doses using a scale, making a homemade liquid and using dosing syringes.

bernerd1, can you go back on Cymbalta and do a slower taper? You aren't even capable of doing a benzo taper at this time. Your brain is overstresssed as it is. You were on both meds for over a decade. I would reinstate the CYmbalta if you can, and give yourself some time to stabilize on it again. At that point, you'll have to decide which med is the one to focus on tapering. Many people polydrugged like you choose the benzo over the AD, because the AD can aid in the benzo W/D. It's a terrible position to be in, having to pick your poison, which one can you discard first. Personally, I would go back on the AD, stabilize, then taper the benzo.

You can try crossing over to Valium, but as pacenik pointed out, it may be hard, and there are great people here who can guide you on tapering directly off Klonopin. If liquid is your preference, a compounding pharmacy can make you a liquid, and if that's not an option, experienced members can give you a recipe for making your own liquid from crushed pills (a pill crusher or mortar and pestle come in handy, you might have the latter in your kitchen for crushing herbs/spices). There are math wizards that will even do a spreadsheet with a tapering schedule for you, and they will tell you what oral dosing syringes you will need to buy to measure out your liquid dose.

When you are done with the benzo, then you can tackle the AD. The link pacenick posted is a great source, they have great people that will guide you on properly tapering off of the Cymbalta.

I don't blame you for not wanting to go the psych ward route. Sometimes it can be the right decision, they can reinstate the Cymbalta and get you stabilised. But you can do the same thing at home on your own. Other times, psych wards can make you worse, add meds you don't need (They love putting you on low dose antipsychotics for reasons that make no sense) , or put you on a different AD, which you said you tried and it didn't work.

No obviously if my brain would take the cymbalta back I’d have done it already.

When I jumped from cymbalta after tapering probs too short I was still on k as now and I lost everything my cog ability emotions panicked and tried to put it back nothing but searing pain and anxiety. The taper removal process did something so now I sit in wd angst and pain daily.

Big mistake stopping c which will probs cost me my life as I can’t take this torture.

Tried some other ads and same result.

Cymbalta people say it has to heal and how do I get from here to there

Been to psyche drs they say that shouldn’t have happened no shit.

While I was in the hosp they recommended remeron which did not work took it a month and tapered stopped and been in wd from it too

I was just wondering if I could quell some of this which feels like something trying to kill me from 8nside.      When I stopped the c it left me bedridden for 3 months before I hit the hosp for the rem which made things worse.        Somebody help me as no drs can

Wonder if an updose in k since I’m surely in tolerance wouldveven help

Of course the drs will try anything as they don’t have to live w it

I’m being tortured so badly and can’t get the c back

Huge mistake stopping it as it was doingvalll right.  I didn’t know people stay in ads for decades if it’s working and I stopped it

Edit: Content

First thing first. Deep breath and think about this logically. I've been in the same place as you. CT'd Valium, then tried to increase my AD. Big mistake, tried to reinstate Valium failed, tried to reinstate AD twice and failed. Followed by trying another AD which caused me to have a complete breakdown and bedridden for 3 months, also thinking I couldn't go on. But I turned a corner, and you will too.

The problem is now you are sensitized, and things might get worse as they did with me. But you say you couldn't reinstate cymbalta, what dose did you try? You need to start VERY small, like 1/20 of minimum therapeutic dose if not less.

But as I said I've been there, done that. Your system has been shocked and sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. It will settle down, even if you can't believe it now it will.