Scared please help.

[ma...]

Ok so I took Klonopin 0.25-0.5mg most days for 3 weeks. Then I felt worse so I stopped taking it cold Turkey for 2 days then took 0.25mg felt worse so then quit again and have been 7 days without. I’m shaky and my anxiety is high and I have trouble sleeping only a few nights feel worse when I don’t sleep. Should I ride this out or reinstate? In afraid to have a seizure. I have 40 0.5mg tabs left. Should I take it again and taper slow? Or ride it out? I may be so shaky cause my an anxiety is high I dunno. I was shaking before I even stopped taking it.

[f6...]

I'm sorry you're feeling lousy.  Quitting c/t can be rough.  The odds of a seizure are very low.  I don't think it should be a concern since you have no prior history.  Try to be calm about that.  Benzo withdrawal adds anxiety and insomnia, but these are temporary. 

The insomnia sucks.  It will end in time.  Might be a few more days.  Might take some weeks.  Just try to relax about your sleep.  Don't make it worse by adding anger or fear or anxiety.  Have it be OK to be awake at 3 am.  The more you can relax about the whole sleep thing, the sooner your sleep will improve.

The anxiety feeling thing sucks too.  It will also end in time.  You're the only one who knows if your level of anxiety is manageable or not.  You're 7 days out - symptoms are probably about as bad as they're going to get, but it could stay this way for a few weeks before it improves.  Nobody can predict how long.  If you feel like you're in mental/emotional control, then maybe try to ride it out.  But if you're at (or near) the end of your rope, it might be wise to reinstate at a low dose and do a taper.

Hopefully, others will add their thoughts.

Thanks. I see people responding to other people’s posts constantly but not mine. It’s disheartening as I came here for support. I appreciate you and Pamster for responding to my posts.

I noticed you mentioned you were shaking while still taking the Klonopin, that shakiness, I used to call it inner trembling, like being plugged into a light socket, what does yours feel like? 

The fact that you were shaking while you were still taking the Klonopin has me thinking that continuing with your cold turkey is your best option.  That shakiness while still taking the Klonopin says to me that you'd developed tolerance to the dose you were on and your body needed more to stop the shaking.  If you were to go back on, I doubt the dose you were taking would do the trick, I think you'd need a higher dose to feel stable.

Of course, like badsocref says, only you know how much you can take but tapers aren't the magic bullet we wish they were, most are painful.  I don't want to see you suffer but my hope is you can ride this out.  You were on the drug for such a short time, I feel we're looking at weeks not months or years for you to recover. 

Keep talking to us, and if you decide you don't want to go back on the Klonopin, I'd suggest disposing of them.

I took promethazine to help me sleep,  it's available OTC as phenergen. 10mg tabs are better than the  liquid.

I was in WD for two weeks,  it was a Rebound phase of about 5 days,  followed by 2 days of acute symptoms and then another 7 days with diminishing symptoms and I took a fair bit over 6 weeks with 6 years on z drugs.

Try not to worry, the pain is worthit, try not to beat yourself up as that makes the depression worse which will also pass BTW.

I took promethazine to help me sleep,  it's available OTC as phenergen. 10mg tabs are better than the  liquid.

I was in WD for two weeks,  it was a Rebound phase of about 5 days,  followed by 2 days of acute symptoms and then another 7 days with diminishing symptoms and I took a fair bit over 6 weeks with 6 years on z drugs.

Try not to worry, the pain is worthit, try not to beat yourself up as that makes the depression worse which will also pass BTW.

Nipster, it would help other members to know your medication history, here are the instructions for putting this information into your signature. Add your history/signature 

Nipster what were you on and what was the dose? And how far out are you now? What symptoms did you have while in withdrawal?

I put a pretty detailed account in your last thread,  it was a daily log of all the symptoms and what I went through with intensity rating between 1 and 10.

I was on ambien and zop for 6 years (abusing), then I moved onto benzos and went mad for about 6 weeks, rotating diazepam, xanax, nitrazepam,  bromazepam and lyrica along with zop and ambien.

I jumped off after a big weekend thinking I'd escape WD and it hit me hard after 5 days,  it's in the log.

After that I thought I could just take them infrequently, but they caught up with me again and I hit WD again last week, just in second week now and over the worst. That's it for me,  I'm done, last week was terrible!

Promethazine are strong! They'll knock you right out,  that's coming from someone who had taken zop 6 years. I've only used them twice,  every other time I've just lay still and relaxed, sleep will come,  don't worry. I'll not be using anything from now on.

Hi there Maybeigothis

So sorry for your WD. It SUCKS!!!

I agree with pamster and Bads....if it were me, I would ride out the CT. You didn't take it for long and you were most likely hitting tolerance (the shaking while ON it)

So yes, you will feel like crap for a while, and yes your sleep may be bad, and yes your neurological system will be weird for a bit (the shaking, the anxiety, the hypersensitivities, etc. But they are all survivable!!!!

I look at your situation and think....the longer you are off the better, and the further away from this time right now, the better you will be.

Some members may disagree but that's my 2 cents

Best wishes regardless of what you decide, you will still be supportive here!!

Update. I am now 9 days post cold Turkey. Anxiety is a little less. I don’t feel like I’m crawling out of my skin anymore. Sleep is still broken but I also have a lot going on at work I’ve been stressed about so that may be the cause. Appetite sucks but it usually does when I’m stressed. The shaking was there this morning still but subsided by the evening. Hoping to keep improving from here. Still feeling a little depressed and unfocused but hoping it improves.

Oh my, your post just made my day, I'm serious, I'm so excited to hear some of your symptoms have lessened, this is fantastic.  Symptoms will wax and wane so don't be discouraged if you don't feel as good tomorrow but really, this is such good news!  :yippee:

• 1 month later...