One year today and feeling positive

[JR...]

Hello BB,

Today mark exactly one year from my last tiny dose of benzo. I am not 100% but feeling positive for recovery. Lot of things improve over the year when I compare. This is just to give hope or to may be help someone. As I always looked for positivity topics from fellow BB on this site. This site has saved me to be honest and I have lived here...

Last Year Feb:

Shaking at night

Severe Anxiety attacks..

I could not go to mail box to check mail as i was scared

Always panicky and nervous when going out with family for groceries or any store

Even inside house I was so anxious..running in and out..

And lot more

Oh during 2019 Christmas when I was tapering I could not open a gift ..hands were shaking .felt like had no brain to hand connection

At SIX months

Few Things improve but still bad

Still nervous , anxious at grocery store or any other store - had to be in same aisle with my wife ..too anxious to be by myself

Had to fly Texas and night before I was so nervous and when boarded the flight I almost ready to deplaned.

Nine months

Few things improve more

Christmas day I was nervous but easily able to open gifts and enjoy time with family

Took flight again in Dec 20 and lot less anxious this time 

10-11 mons

Now I can easily go to grocery stores with wife and can do different aisles..

When I think about flying ..not nervous or scared as I was 6 mons ago just thinking about it...

start driving myself to gas station, store, went for a smog Test of my car by myself..

The reason I wrote about these small things is that's how I compare my recovery and when see doing some of these things which I was not able to then it tells me that slowly but surely it getting better. As sometime we think that oh GOD it's one year and I am still not back to 100% or getting better but in Hine side we are...so  keep going fellow Benzo warriors it will get better for all of us sooner or later  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent progress report JR, and I'm grateful you took the time to write it since I've seen so many posts today where members are feeling hopeless, thank you!  :smitten:

Oh this was so great to read! You have made big progress this year! I mean we all want this over like yesterday....but you're able to see the changes and are pushing on  - and that is so inspiring for so many.

this time next year you'll read this and say "wow"....and you'll have so much more to add. :smitten:

It will continue to get easier as your healing progresses... It’s nice to see how your healing has taken place confirming that we all do indeed get better. It’s slow but healing does take place with time. I look forward to reading your success story...

Congrats JR !!!!!!  Any improvement is one step closer to feeling great. One year is HUGE! Stay positive, eat well and exercise if possible....

Again, great to hear.

Stone

I sometimes get the names of posters muddled up but I think I remember posting around the same time that you were struggling.

It's so great to see people who were really in the doldrums, apparently turning a corner. Keep going, you're doing great!

Thank you for all the good wishes and positive feedbacks. Wishing and praying for everyone's speedy recovery from this devil drug :thumbsup: :thumbsup: