Problems breathing

[Ru...]

Hii to everyone, I really past the 1 year mark and 2 months and I began to feel better but the last two weeks I started to feel shortness of breath,

a few months ago when i was in 8-9 month I had this shortness in the nights and that made me awake very desperate ,but the last days I feel sooo

shortness of breath,like over breathing altough I wasnt feel anxiety or having a panick attack ,sometimes resting in the sofa or walking to the store, has this happened to you??

i think 1 of the syntom of anxiety it can be that sensation but i dont know when go to the doctor...

Saludos!

Shortness of breath, feeling like you can't get enough air, etc. are definitely signs of anxiety. However, it can also be a sign of more serious issues (asthma, heart disease, etc.). So I'd get it checked out, just to be on the safe side.

Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on being over 1 year off!

[f3...]

Yes I had shortness of breath before any Benzo's and is Anxiety related, had it for 5 months straight! This was back in 2002.. the therapist told me to take deep breaths, this made it worse because I started hyperventilating.. It is Anxiety related, and w/d related as well..since it comes with anxiety.

And I've had it in w/d too.

Keryn.

I still have this too.. It was really bad before and I thought sun would trigger it, but now it seems that darkness triggers it. 

I've noticed sugar or caffeine seem to play a role in this.  I know your cortisol levels change throughout the day - so perhaps this is why we get a surge of 'body anxiety'.  Too much or too little sugar could be doing this to us. 

I doubt that it's anything serious, but it is truly annoying.  I had a rheumatologist tell me that I had anxiety induced fibromyalgia-  Meaning my head wasn't experiencing anxiety, but my body was still very sensitive.  Obviously the more we worry about it the worse it gets... Try some deep breathing when this happens, especially if your throat feels like someone is choking you.  You are getting enough oxygen, it's just something the body has to work through.  I know 30 minutes of cardio on an elliptical machine clears it up for me, but it takes a good 15 minutes to break past the severe tightness.

Ziggy

I am 27 months off Xanax and still get the SOB/overbreathing symptoms.  I did see a pulmonologist and was diagnosed with emphysema and I am still not sure that is the correct diagnosis BUT I am going with the possibility.  For months and months I hyperventilated with breaths up to 120 per minute.....it would wake me from a sound sleep.  I can't get my pulmonologist to think outside the box.  :pokey:  I do know that at times I have no problem walking decent distances and other times walking 20 feet will bring on the SOB.  I bought a pulse oximeter and my oxygen saturation is 98% and 96% with exertion.  CT scans of the lungs are great.  There are a couple other members at the 2 year mark who still struggle with this.  I would suggest seeing a pulmonologist to be on the safe side.  My EKG, halter monitor and ultrasound of the heart were fine.

Patty  xo

I saw a pulmonologist and everything came back fine - except for a $2000 dollar bill from the stress tests, EKG, and a number of other not so fun tests done. 

I wish I could make it stop.. It is really debilitating it.  Every doctor attributes this to anxiety - but then I tell them I don't have anxiety anymore.  So then we agree that its body anxiety.

Patty - I sure hope this gets better - 27 months and still having to deal with this would really irritate me cause the chest tightness comes with the feeling of being strangled and then severe ear pressure.

Ziggy

[f3...]
I still have this too.. It was really bad before and I thought sun would trigger it, but now it seems that darkness triggers it.

Yes same for me.. this was before Benzos and during tapering.. of course.

Hi

me at 9 months out, still have breathing issues on and off.. some days really bad!!!! it scares me.. llike im not getn enough oxygen, never ever had this before benzos.. and my anxiety attacks are gone!!! been over a year, as of august!! yaay! i just think benzos!!! or heart disease myself.. waitn to see a cardiologist not til march ridiculous! 4 months away..

i have weird heart palps.... again since benzos.. feel my pulse hard at times in my throat comes and goes... all soo crazzy again since benzos... this all soo nuts.. never been soo unwell in my life, since goin on damn meds.. im bitter yep... just thought i would comment too, that me too i have the breathing stuff.. but i know mine isnt anxiety....

good luck, hope this improves for you , i know how un nerving and scary it is very well..

hugs hope

I've been having the same exact breathing issues it is awful. The one then that does help me is symbicort it really opens me up. I am not recommending this because it is a steriod, and seems like some people can have bad effects from steriods.  I do get really shaky and a bit of anxiety for a few hours afterwords, but it is worth it to me on the bad days.