Klonopin daily microtaper

[Sa...]

Hello everyone. I already posted before on this forum. I copy and paste my thread if you want to read the full story.

I am here to ask for tips for a daily microtaper from klonopin.

Here is my thread

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

And here my last post.

Hi everyone. I am here to bother you all again:) .

I am thinking about doing a daily microtaper as the cut and hold approach seems too harsch on me. My currencies dose is 0.6mg mg klonopin per day. I managed to move my doses like following: o.2 in the morning, 0.2 in the afternoon, 0.2 i  the evening. I thought that could be better than before (i was taking 0.1 in the morning, 0.1 in the afternoon and 0.4 in the evening). Given the fact that i never fully stabilized and it seems like i am always in withdrawal (i don't know if it is from klonopin or the lingering effects of paroxetine withdrawal) and i am always so anxious (even here i don't know if it is withdrawal or my "original condition" or other factors) i thought a mild approach could be beneficial.  Thank you in advance to anyone who will answer. Any tips,  suggestion will be appreciated.

Before committing to a daily taper it might be a good idea to read a few posts from some members who are in the process of doing it or considering going this route.  This support group is fairly active.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.msg3203502#msg3203502

Let us know if you're interested and if you are, I'll make sure someone stops by to help.

I'm taking 0.2 mg of clonazepam three times a day (morning, afternoon and evening), for 0.6 mg/day.  I am in Italy and use 2.5 mg/mL Rivotril concentrate.  It has a dropper that measures 0.100 mg per 0.04-mL drop.  I have only done cut-and-hold before.  I want to try a daily liquid microtaper using diluted Rivotril.  Can someone please check this plan?

I would start by tapering my afternoon dose from 0.2 mg to 0.150 mg.  To do this, I would stir 1 drop of Rivotril into 60 mL of water.  The concentration of that liquid would be 0.00167 mg/mL.  On day 1, I would throw away 1 mL and drink 59.  On day 2 I would throw away 2 mL and drink 58.  I would continue until I get to 30 mL (0.05 mg).  Of course, I would still be taking two drops every morning and evening, and one drop in the afternoon, plus my liquid microtaper.  So my dose at the end would be 0.550 mg.  Then I would take a break from tapering.  I would keep making the 60 mL of Rivotril liquid, throw away 30 mL and drink the other 30 mL every day, plus the other 5 drops of Rivotril.    When I'm ready to taper from 0.550 mg to 0.50 mg, I will have to decide which dose to taper and how to do that step.  I need somebody to check my numbers and please tell me if this taper is okay?     

Thank you Libertas. That is encouraging. I thought i could make some mistakes as i am not good in maths and it is tough for me to make the convertion.  The problem will be there again for every other reduction

I could try to calcolate all the following reductions and try to post it here in order to get them checked. (Of course i will previously get my english checked  by a translator)

You are most welcome, Salazar77.  If I were you in your shoes, I would not spend time working on future plans. One of the keys to successful discontinuation is making adjustments in one’s taper plan on an as needed basis.