Author Topic: Something horrible has come back to me-help pls?  (Read 1171 times)

[Buddie]

Something horrible has come back to me-help pls?
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:52:33 am »
Today I found out that my flat has an alteration that does not have building regulations approval.
I never knew anything about building regulations until today.

When reading about building regulations approval, I found out that removal of a wall and insertion of a lintel require building regulations approval.
In 1991 I bought a delapidated old house, and got a builder to knock two rooms into one. The builder was dodgy and ripped me off, and the ceiling in the newly enlarged room began to droop.
I got another set of builders in, who inserted a lintel to strengthen the ceiling.
I left that house in 1994, but am worried that the work I had done unapproved could have caused an accident and hurt/kill someone, or could still cause an accident and hurt/kill someone.

I cannot just forget about this, because I feel responsible.
There is no way of knowing if this unaurthorised work has hurt or killed anyone.

Where do I go from here?

I feel like the protagonist in crime and punishment.

help please.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

BUMP - Something horrible has come back to me-help pls?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 10:04:45 pm »
Can anyone help pls?

thanks
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Something horrible has come back to me-help pls?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 11:06:49 pm »
Are you writing about a project that occurred 16 years ago???

[...]  xo

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:35:00 am »
I'm unsure of what you can do, other than approaching your city or county and asking these questions.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:11:14 am »
I think I have found a possible solution :)

thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:19:46 am »
[...]... you're probably ok... check the statue of limitation code...