Got Covid vaccine, No problem! And other good news

[gu...]

Hey fellow warriors,

I realized today I tend to only post when I’m suffering and want support. But I do have some really good news to share. I’m 66 years old and just got my second Moderna vaccine. If it has affected my withdrawal at all, it’s very minimal. I do feel sick-ish, but it’s not terrible, Just the typical side effects of fatigue and some nausea. When I got my first shot four weeks ago, I was so terrified that my withdrawal symptoms got really extreme. But I was already in a bad wave before I got the shot. I couldn’t separate if what I was experiencing was the side effects of the shot or just a wave. Turns out it was a wave after all. The idea of being injected with something relatively new and unknown really triggered all my medical anxiety.  But this time that didn’t happen, because I saw that I would recover no matter what.

I also wanted to share that as my bad wave was starting to get a little better, I had perhaps the most amazing window I have had in four years.  It only lasted for five hours, but I’ve never had a window like that before. It’s hard to explain. All the mental preoccupation and the lower level or high-level veil of dread I have all the time was completely gone. It honestly felt like a miracle..I have had many windows before, and some of them quite remarkable. But never anything like that.

So even though I’m still in a wave and struggling, and I still get scared by some of my symptoms, like burning and stabbing pain that’s running down my legs, something new… I wanted to share the really good news to encourage people. I hope this made anyone feel even just a little bit better today.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: I am scheduled for my 2nd shot moderna in three weeks and I am a little nervous. The first one I only had sore arm and rev up my internal vibrations and heart rate. Hope you have many more windows.

PG

Preachergirl,  The side effects from my second Moderna vaccine were not as bad as the first one.  It's only 2 days later and I'm feeling normal at the moment. Good luck!

Preachergirl,  The side effects from my second Moderna vaccine were not as bad as the first one.  It's only 2 days later and I'm feeling normal at the moment. Good luck!

Thanks! Keep filling better :smitten: :smitten:

My first shot of Pfizer is this Sunday!!  Whoooohoooo, will let everyone know how it goes.  I am scared but excited  :D.    My husband's is this Friday, I am more excited about his.  He has high blood pressure and wears a cpap machine, so I have been really worried about him.  Thank goodness we finally got the first appointment  :D.  Mary

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. I was shocked, shocked I say, that I had almost no s/x. I didn't feel the needle, I didn't have a sore/hot arm later that night, and today I have almost zero achiness. It was better than most flu shots I've had.

In three weeks I'll get the second shot and then maybe, just maybe (after a couple of weeks) I will feel a little more secure about going into grocery stores (masked and distanced still) or other places I used to go. Lordy, I can hardly remember my pre-pandemic life.

So, a good experience. I recommend it  :thumbsup:

Katz

• 3 weeks later...

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. I was shocked, shocked I say, that I had almost no s/x. I didn't feel the needle, I didn't have a sore/hot arm later that night, and today I have almost zero achiness. It was better than most flu shots I've had.

In three weeks I'll get the second shot and then maybe, just maybe (after a couple of weeks) I will feel a little more secure about going into grocery stores (masked and distanced still) or other places I used to go. Lordy, I can hardly remember my pre-pandemic life.

So, a good experience. I recommend it  :thumbsup:

Katz

Thanks for sharing this good news Katz!

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like the BEGINNINGS of a "light at the end of the tunnel" for the world with this pandemic.

Hopefully in time, every country will be at the point where Isreal is at.

*Please keep replies upbeat and non political with the point for the entire world to eventually EVENTUALLY get here - a Pandemic Endgame.

Article dated April 2nd 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/02/really-good-place-israel-nearing-covid-endgame