Titration issue with Bromazepam (Lexomil)

[Ca...]

Hi,

Started my dry taper 6 weeks ago went way too fast :(

Im currently holding

I want to do titration with bromazepam ( Lexomil in France) but when i tried following tutorial there is some lumps that wont disolve. On a french benzo forum they told me it was bad for titration because of that... it dissolves very fast under the tong though.

Im scared i will have to switch for another molecule  :-[

any help ?thank you

We have something like that in Canada - sublingual Ativan pill. It is very small and blue, very hard to taper from, as it's very light in weight, so hard to measure on a scale properly.

Because the Ativan is very fast acting, I dose 3 times per day.

I moved to liquid from a compounding pharmacy.

If you go that route, you should move one dose at a time over several weeks.

You may also find that you need to up your dose slightly, as now the benzo will be going through your stomach as opposed to directly in your bloodstream.

I didn't do any of the above and crashed and burned.

I'm holding while I figure out what to do.

The liquid is a 0.1ml/1 ml solution, so it makes it really easy to reduce by small quantities.

Good luck

Winnie

What about using a jewelers scale to weigh your dose, that way you wouldn't have to change to a liquid, we have some really great members who can help you figure out how to do this.

Would love to ! Thought it wasnt really secure for such small dose  :)

Just want the " safer way" to do it and not hit a wall again! almost ready to invest in an expensive laboraty scale if I have to!

Who could help with that ?

Thank you Pamster!

I've sent a PM to just the right person to help you out, he's been very busy around the forum lately but he's patient and explains things very well.  :thumbsup:

Hi CarlaCarla,

Pamster asked me to help.

I can help you use a scale to taper slowly.

Here is a link to the one I used.  https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

Most people can just use a pill splitter for the first part of the taper.  The scale is only needed if you are very sensitive to small changes and when you get close to the end of your taper.

Do you want to try the pill splitter approach first?  You can get a pill splitter at any drug store or walmart.

Thoughts?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your help.

My concern is that i'm already half of my taper , I cut too fast and I hit a wall.

I'm at 2,25mg of Lexomil ( it's french), can you google it ? you will see the pills are tiny . I am at the equivalent of 1/8 of the pill the morning and 1/4 of the pill at night.

Im very anxious by all this withdrawal process  :'( and I need help...

Is it possible to scale such small pills?

Thanks a lot

I googled it.  Is it a white pill with 4 dividing markers on it?

Yes, I can help you.

Read my signature.  You can see I went too fast on my benzo.  I reduced by 1/8 of a pill per month.  After 6 months, it all caught up to me and I had terrible symptoms.

I held my dose for 8 weeks until I felt the symptoms where tolerable so I could continue my taper.  Note, my doctor gave me Buspar which I took for a couple of weeks and when I felt better, I stopped it with no problems. 

Once my symptoms where tolerable again, I continued my taper, going very slow using this method:  https://benzodrytapermath.com/

I recommended you hold at your current dose until your symptoms are tolerable enough to continue.  If you feel you cannot stand the symptoms, ask your doctor for Buspar BEFORE increasing you Lexomil.  Try to keep the progress you have made.

When you are ready to continue with a slow taper, let me know and I will give you some options.

Bob

Yes it's that pill!

So glad you were able to do your taper with mild symptoms , you reassure me we can do it...!

Spiraling out about the WD leads me to very hight anxiety and anxiety attacks, others symptomes subsides since yesterday. Worried it will bring me back to my anxiety disorder....it's painful

thank you <3

Be patient.  You did taper very fast so you might need even 2 months before you feel like the symptoms are tolerable enough to start tapering again.

Do you have chest pains?

physical symptoms went away mostly , I have  anxiety now since last night, bad adrenaline rush, it comes it goes .

Trying to stay away from the forums too.

Also received a mortar today and try to crush my pill very well , and it seems to work and i can do a pretty homogenous solution. would be fantastic that it work that way.

xx

When I was recovering I couldn't log in very often, I found being on the computer and dealing with the emoji's stressful, not to mention the difficult stories.  Good for you for knowing what you need. 

Symptoms will come and go and vary in intensity, it's all part of the process so try not to be afraid of them, fear just leads to stress which leads to increased symptoms. 

Yes i have been triggered by all the stories. And worried a lot about the state i am in. And what could happen during this journey, and after this journey.

Wondering if im going to recover fully from that fast cut.

I try to remember that people doing quite well don't write here .

I just have some self pity for myself , and having my life on hold, suffering for a silly pill and my mistake of tapering too fast. Just happy that there is this covid now and there is nothing to miss .

Thank you Pamster for your kindness and your words , it always helps a lot.  :smitten:

You're welcome and I remember all of those thoughts and feelings, what is truly amazing is all of these terrible things will be gone one day, it still amazes me that when I recovered there were no residual symptoms, no trace of the nightmare I'd been through, I returned to myself completely.

And please don't worry about that fast cut, I cut between 6-10 mgs of Klonopin in one day and I completely recovered.  Fast cuts don't stop you from healing, they just hurt more than the smaller ones.  ;)

Do you know why do we feel so tight chest and tight throat at times? I know emotions or anxiety  can do that , but how gaba plays a role on that? muscles?

Difficult to let go this one it's back and intense, it makes me short breath when walking :idiot::tickedoff:

I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest, it made it difficult to take a breath.  When I went through it I didn't know about gaba or all of the other medical terminology, I just figured that benzo's are great muscle relaxers and when you take them away your muscles complain, a lot!

I feel you  :-\ when i stretch i feel better but for a short period of time .

Spending my time stretching since few hours, trying to not worry and surrender but it's hard .

Can't even know how you did with C/T sx

In addition to what Pamster said about, "taking away the muscle relaxer effect of benzos and then getting chest pains". 

My doctor has a similar way to describe it.

He said, when you cut back on your benzos, you anxiety goes up.  When your anxiety goes up, your muscles get tense and stay tense all day long.  In time, the muscle get tired and you feel pain.  For me, it was chest pain.  For others, it seems to be back pain.

This is where Buspar helped me.  My muscles got a chance to relax and heal and the pain stopped.

Yes it makes sense!

I wonder why doctors dont prescribe Buspar instead of longterm use of benzo...

I prefer to take nothing en surrender to those symptoms as much as I can , mostly they stay few ours and go away.

Also would prefer back pain than chest and throat  >:(

After the Buspar and a 8 week hold, the chest pains stopped and for the rest of my slow taper, chest pains were very rare.  Like only 2 or 3 times lasting a day over a 3 month span.

Good to know!

I read a bit of your story, were you working the whole taper?

I see you took benzo for anxiety and insomnia, hope you find other way to find peace now.